ELECTROPHORETIC ACTIVITY OF ARTERIAL PLASMA AND EXPERIMENTAL THROMBI
- Changes in the blood plasma protein composition in an experiment with seven-day dry immersion. Trifonova, O.; Pastushkova, L.; Samenkova, N.; Pyatnitskii, M.; Karuzina, I.; Lisitsa, A.; Larina, I. // Human Physiology;Dec2012, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p772
This study was designed to track changes in the blood plasma proteome caused by exposure of healthy humans to dry immersion. The blood plasma specimens of five healthy volunteers aged 23-29 years obtained seven days before immersion, on day 7 of exposure in the immersion bath, and seven days...
- Identification by proteome analysis of muscle proteins in sea bream ( Sparus aurata ). Roberta Schiavone; Loredana Zilli; Carlo Storelli; Sebastiano Vilella // European Food Research & Technology;Sep2008, Vol. 227 Issue 5, p1403
AbstractÂ Â The present paper reported postmortem changes in muscle proteins on sea bream (Sparus aurata), during ice storage. The postmortem evolution of protein patterns in farmed sea bream was monitored by sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) and...
- Galactosemia and Alpha-1- antitrypsin Deficiency. Taylor, Frances; Rumsby, Gillian; Whitfield, Anthony; De Silva, Vasantha; Hjelm, Magnus // Clinical Pediatrics;Nov1985, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p641
Presents a letter to the editor reporting findings in an investigation of nine galactosemic patients, ranging in age from 0.5 to 7 years, both by protein electrophoresis and quantitation of the alpha-1-antitrypsin by rate turbidimetric immunoassay on an IL Multistat III centrifugal analyzer.
- Investigation of unusual high serum indices for lipemia in clear serum samples on Siemens analysers Dimension. Fliser, Eva; Jerkovič, Ksenija; Vidovič, Tanja; Gorenjak, Maksimiljan // Biochemia Medica;2012, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p352
Introduction: We present our work of monitoring 202 different patients with markedly elevated serum index for lipemia whereby serum samples were clear. We tried to clarify the cause of occurrence of these indices which were detected in the years 2006-2010 on Siemens Dimension analyzers....
- Electrophoresis. Vohr, Hans-Werner // Encyclopedic Reference of Immunotoxicology;2005, p222
A definition of the term "electrophoresis" is presented. It refers to the separation of molecules based on their mobility in an electric field.
- Electrophoretic Protein Transfer. Vohr, Hans-Werner // Encyclopedic Reference of Immunotoxicology;2005, p222
The article presents an encyclopedia entry for electrophoretic protein transfer. It is a part of western blot analysis and represents the elution of proteins from polyacrylamide gels onto a membrane support for further analysis.
- cataphoresis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p355
A definition of the medical term "cataphoresis" is presented. Cataphoresis refers to the transmission of electronegative ions or drugs into the body tissues or through a membrane by use of an electric current. The definition is from the "Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary," published by F. A....
- Hyperlipidemia as the First Biochemical Manifestation of Primary Hepatic Amyloidosis. Couture, Patrick; LeBlanc, François; Gagnon, Pierre; Gagnon, Omer; Gagné, Claude // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun1997, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p1046
Describes a case of a patient who presented with hyperlipidemia as the first biochemical manifestation of primary hepatic amyloidosis. Disease symptoms reported; Results of the patient's lipoprotein electrophoresis; Treatments administered to the patient.
- Population analysis of electrophoretic variation in blood serum albumins of European (Acipenser ruthenusLinnaeus) and Siberian (A. ruthenus marsigliiBrandt) sterlet. Kuz'min, E. V.; Kuz'mina, O. Yu. // Russian Journal of Genetics;Feb2005, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p182
We studied blood serum albumins in European (Acipenser ruthenusL.) and Siberian (A. ruthenus marsigliiBrandt) sterlet using disk electrophoresis in polyacrylamide gel. The albumins were shown to be controlled by three codominant alleles of a single locus (ALB*a, b, c). In European sterlet, all...