Experience with Civilian Vascular Injuries in Eastern Nigeria
- Accident mortality rate in Kazakhstan 12% down, injury rate 11.8% down in January-October 2013. Interfax // Kazakhstan General Newswire;11/15/2013, p1
ASTANA. Nov 15 (Interfax-Kazakhstan) - A total of 1,145 people were killed in
- A memorandum of "World Heart Day 2013" - Stroke mortality among women in Birjand, East of Iran. Firoozabadi, Mohammad Dehghani; Kazemi, Toba // Iranian Journal of Nursing & Midwifery Research;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p215
No abstract available.
- Long-term excess mortality of patients with treated and untreated unruptured intracranial aneurysms. Pyysalo, Liisa; Luostarinen, Tapio; Keski-Nisula, Leo; Öhman, Juha // Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry;Aug2013, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p888
Background and aim: Subarachnoid haemorrhage (SAH) patients have an excess mortality proportion in long-term outcome studies because of the high rate of cerebrovascular and cardiovascular deaths. The aim of the present study was to assess the excess long-term mortality among patients with...
- Mortality after myocardial infarction in patients with diabetes mellitus. Kapur, Akhil; De Palma, Rodney // Heart;Dec2007, Vol. 93 Issue 12, p1504
The authors reflect on the mortality in patients with diabetes mellitus after myocardial infarction. They point out that the cause of death in patients with diabetes is dominated by coronary heart disease, accompanied by increased rates of stroke and peripheral vascular disease or macrovascular...
- Death and injury to children in cars in Britain. Avery, J.G.; Hayes, H.R.M. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);8/24/1985, Vol. 291 Issue 6495, p515
Focuses on the occurrence of death and injury to children due to car accidents in Great Britain. Representation of the number of deaths and injuries of British children due to car accidents; Rates of mortality and casualty of children travelling in cars; Assessment on the effectiveness of the...
- Injury mortality in the European Union 1984-1993. An overview. Morrison, A; Stone, DH; Working Group, EURORISC // European Journal of Public Health;Sep2000, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p201
Presents a study that examined the trends in mortality due to externally caused physical injuries between 1984 and 1993 in the 15 European Union (EU) member countries. Annual injury-related deaths in EU; Health targets formulated by World Health Organization Europe; Categories of the data...
- Careful! // Time;3/26/1951, Vol. 57 Issue 13, p98
The article states that the death rate among infants from non-accidental and accidental causes in the U.S. in the last 15 years has declined by 44% and 2%, respectively, based on a report from the Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. in March 1951.
- People are Like That. Lareen, Arthur // Saturday Evening Post;6/16/1956, Vol. 228 Issue 51, p112
The article presents information on fatalities related to domestic accidents.
- Farm-Related Fatalities among Children in California, 1980 to 1989. Schenker, Marc B.; Lopez, Ricardo; Wintermute, Garen // American Journal of Public Health;Jan1995, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p89
To evaluate farm-related deaths among children in California and to identify specific risk factors, this study used death certificate tapes to identify 40 farm-related deaths among children under age 15 in California for 1980 to 1989. Mortality rates and odds ratios for cause-specific...