THE USE OF A SIMPLIFIED STAPLING APPARATUS FOR AUTOMATIC SUTURING OF SMALL BLOOD VESSELS
- ORBUSNEICH UNVEILS HEALING III RANDOMIZED STUDY. // Biotech Equipment Update;Nov2005, p5
The article reports that OrbusNeich has unveiled a randomized trial of HEALING III study. The HEALING program, which stands for Healthy Endothelial Accelerated Lining Inhibits Neointimal Growth, is a series of studies to evaluate the safety and efficacy of the Genous Bio-engineered stent. The...
- Study boosts Spectranetics' Turbo-Tandem device. FORD, OMAR // Medical Device Daily;1/15/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p1
The article focuses on the effect of the publication of a study on the TurboBooster, a device used in combination with an excimer laser for patients with peripheral artery disease from Spectranetics on its successor, Turbo Tandem. The study called CLiRpath Excimer Laser System to Enlarge Lumen...
- St. Jude begins implant in Amplatzer Cardiac Plug trial. // Medical Device Daily;3/11/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p4
The article focuses on the move of Minnesota-based St. Jude Medical to begin the first patient implant in a new pivotal trial evaluating the firm's Amplatzer Cardiac Plug (ACP) for the prevention of stroke.
- Tepha partners are conducting trials with TephaFlex suture. // Medical Device Daily;4/18/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 76, p4
The article reports on initial clinical trials conducted by Aesculap and Tornier for Tepha's TephaFlex suture products. According to the company, the clinical trials illustrate the first human usage of medical devices derived from polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA). The PHA allows engineering of...
- Keeping sutures dry is unnecessary. Paist, S. Scott; Russell, John J. // Patient Care;Jul2006, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p57
Presents an abstract of the study "Can Sutures Get Wet? Propective Randomised Controlled Trial of Wound Management in General Practice," by C. Heal and colleagues, which appeared in the 2006 issue of the "British Medical Journal."
- Ten Years of Advances in Neuroendovascular Procedures. Qureshi, Adnan I. // Journal of Endovascular Therapy (Allen Press Publishing Services;Dec2004 Supplement 2, Vol. 11, p1
Discusses medical advances in neuroendovascular procedures in the U.S. Details of randomized clinical trials that have demonstrated the efficacy of neuroendovascular procedures in reducing death and disability associated with cerebrovascular diseases; Endovascular procedures for...
- adjuster. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p50
A definition of the term "adjuster," which refers to a device for holding together the ends of the wire forming a suture, is presented.
- FOCUS ON EUROPEAN NEWS. // Applied Clinical Trials;May2003, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p68
Reports on key developments concerning clincial trials for drugs and medical devices in Europe as of May 2003. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics; Implications on applied clinical research.
- Publication Bias in Clinical Trials. Awad, Manal // Journal of the Canadian Dental Association;2010, Vol. 76, p1
A blog related to the problem of suppressed information from clinical trials performed on drugs and medical devices is presented.