THE USE OF HIGH LEADS IN THE EARLY DIAGNOSIS OF MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION
- The â€˜thrombusâ€™ that never was. Gashi, Eleonora; Cohen, Howard A.; Narula, Tara; Perk, Gila; Kronzon, Itzhak // European Heart Journal - Cardiovascular Imaging;Jul2012, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p628
The article focuses on a 72-year-old male presented with an ST-elevation myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shock warranting placement of a left ventricular assist device (LVAD) an intra-aortic balloon pump.
- EKG-Artefakte durch Elektrodenvertauschungen. Thaler, T.; Rudiger, A. // Praxis (16618157);1/7/2009, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p17
Artefacts due to electrode misplacement occur in 0.4 to 4% of all performed electrocardiograms (ECG). They can lead to the clinically important false diagnosis of myocardial ischemia. Lateral and inferior myocardial ischemia can be mimicked by an electrode exchange between right and left arm and...
- Importance of Reciprocal ST Segment Depression in the Extensive Coronary Artery Disease. Karapınar, Hekim; Yanartaş, Mehmed; Karavelioğlu, Yusuf; Kaya, Zekeriya; Kaya, Hasan; Pala, Selçuk; Emiroğlu, Mehmet Yunus; Yılmaz, Ahmet // European Journal of General Medicine;2010, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p88
Aim: We investigated the relationship between the severity of reciprocal ST depression and the extent of coronary artery disease in patients with inferior myocardial infarction. Method: Ninety-five consecutive patients (52 women 43 men, with a mean age of 54Â±5 years) who had acute inferior...
- High-Frequency Electrocardiography: Optimizing the Diagnosis of the Acute Myocardial Infarct with ST-Elevation. Naydenov, S.; Donova, T.; Matveev, M.; Gegova, A.; Popdimitrova, N.; Zlateva, G.; Vladimirova, D. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2007, Vol. 899 Issue 1, p819
The analysis of the received digital signal by computer microprocessor in high-frequency electrocardiography, used in our research, makes possible synthesis of vectorcardiographic images and loops, allowing improved qualitative and quantitative diagnosing of the myocardial injury. Â© 2007...
- Frequency and Preictors of Urgent Coronary Angiography in Patients With Acute Pericarditis. Salisbury, Adam C.; Olalla-Gómez, Cristina; Rihal, Charanjit S.; Bell, Malcolm R.; Ting, Henry H.; Casaclang-Verzosa, Grace; Jae K. Oh // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Jan2009, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p11
OBJECTIVES: To determine the frequency of urgent coronary angiography In patients with acute pericarditis and to examine clinical characteristics associated with coronary angiography. PATIENTS AND METHODS: This is a retrospective analysis of all incident cases of acute viral or Idiopathic...
- Group beating in a 69-year-old man with a previous silent myocardial infarct. Luke Glancy, D.; Lathia, Viral N. // Baylor University Medical Center Proceedings;Jan2014, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p39
The article discusses an electrocardiogram which was conducted on a 69 year old male patient with coronary arterial disease and an inferior myocardial infarct of indeterminate age.
- Indicators of non-Q-wave acute myocardial infarction. // American Family Physician;9/15/1995, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p1188
Reports on a study published by Cannon and colleagues in the May 15, 1995 issue of the `American Journal of Cardiology' comparing clinical features and developing a prediction rule to assist in distinguishing between non-Q-wave myocardial infarction and unstable angina.
- ECOCARDIOGRAMA: PRUEBA DIAGNÃ“STICA DIFERENCIAL EN EL IAM NO Q. A PROPÃ“SITO DE UN CASO. Bernal Pérez, Francisca // Ciberrevista Enfermeriadeurgencias.com;Ene/Feb2013, Issue 29, p56
Acute myocardial infarction (AMI) is usually caused by complete obstruction of a coronary artery due to atherosclerotic plaque detachment that makes the continuous provision of oxygen in myocardial tissue, which leads to tissue death. The IAM is often characterized by prolonged pain and...
- Accuracy of non-invasive techniques for diagnosis of coronary artery disease and prediction of cardiac events in patients with left bundle branch block: a meta-analysis. Biagini, Elena; Shaw, Leslee J.; Poldermans, Don; Schinkel, Arend F. L.; Rizzello, Vittoria; Elhendy, Abdou; Rapezzi, Claudio; Bax, Jeroen J. // European Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging;Dec2006, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p1442
Non-invasive evaluation of coronary artery disease (CAD) in patients with left bundle branch block (LBBB) has limitations inherent to different tests, and the relative merits of these tests are unclear. This meta-analysis assessed the accuracy of the frequently used non-invasive techniques,...