TREATMENT OF KELOIDS BY STEROIDS WITH BIOCHEMICAL TESTS FOR DIAGNOSIS AND PROGNOSIS
- EARLY DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS BETWEEN HYPERTROPHIC AND NONHYPERTROPHIC HEALING. Linares, Hugo A.; Larson, Duane L. // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;May74, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p514
The development of scars in 121 burned children, 1-16 years old, was studied by examining 252 biopsies of granulation tissue. The range in age of the granulation tissue subsequent to the initial injury was from 20 to more than 120 days. The follow-up data of the patients spanned a period from 2...
- Scars in dermatology: Clinical significance. Anitha, B.; Ragunatha, S.; Inamadar, Arun C. // Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p420
The article provides insights into the clinical significance of scars in dermatology. According to the authors, scars may serve as a clue for diagnosis by their typical morphology or may give rise to various dermatoses. They also discuss the classification of scars, dermatological conditions...
- Keloid Scarring. // New Harvard Guide to Women's Health;2004, p323
Provides clinical information on keloid scarring. Causes; People who are likely to develop keloids; Diagnosis and preventive methods.
- Marks of Mystery. Austin, Elizabeth // Psychology Today;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p46
Discusses why people have scars. Usual reaction to scars; Theorists' explanations for severe scarring; Scars and sex.
- cicatrizant. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p453
A definition of the term "cicatrizant," which pertains to an agent which aids in scar formation is presented.
- Literature reviews. G.A.F.; Lampe, John B. // Clinical Pediatrics;Sep1997, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p551
Reviews the book `Inhaled and Nasal Glucocorticoids and the Risks of Ocular Hypertension or Open-Angle Glaucoma,' by E. Garbe, J. Lelorier et al.
- Steroids and depression. Mitchell, Alexander; O'Keane, Veronica // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);01/24/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7127, p244
Editorial. Discusses how glucocorticoid steroids affect behaviour and mood. Reference to the findings of studies conducted on the psychological side effect of glucocorticoids; Questions surrounding the glucocorticoid theory of depression; View that clinicians need to be aware of the potential...
- Monitor patients on glucocorticoid therapy carefully. Meszaros, Liz // Dermatology Times;Apr95, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p65
Reports that glucocorticoids in the treatment of dermatologic disorders have potent immunosuppressive and anti-inflammatory properties which can cause numerous side effects, according to physician Mary Williams. Complications include psychiatric disorders, insomnia, osteoporosis and diabetes;...
- Betamethasone dipropionate. // Reactions Weekly;2/18/2012, Issue 1389, p13
The article describes the case of a 43-year-old man who experienced glaucoma during treatment with betamethasone dipropionate for eczema.