VASOPRESSOR INDUCED MALARIAL RELAPSE AS A COMPLICATION OF ACUTE MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION
- Temporal Trends in Cardiogenic Shock Complicating Acute Myocardial Infarction. Goldberg, Robert J.; Samad, Navid A.; Yarzebski, Jorge; Gurwitz, Jerry; Bigelow, Carol; Gore, Joel M. // New England Journal of Medicine;04/15/99, Vol. 340 Issue 15, p1162
Background: Limited information is available on trends in the incidence of and mortality due to cardiogenic shock complicating acute myocardial infarction. We studied the incidence of cardiogenic shock complicating acute myocardial infarction and in-hospital death rates among patients with this...
- Interdisciplinary Approach in a Complex Case of STEMI. UDROIU, Cristian A.; COTOBAN, Alexandru; URSULESCU, Adrian; SILISTE, Calin; VINEREANU, Dragos // Maedica - a Journal of Clinical Medicine;2014, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p382
We reported the case of a young man with ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI), with ventricular fibrillation on debut and cardiogenic shock, who needed a complex interdisciplinary approach for a favourable long term outcome. A 43-year-old man was admitted with inferior STEMI and...
- Emergency Revascularization Strategies In An Acute Myocardial Infarction Due To The Occlusion Of The Left Main Coronary Artery: A Report Of Three Cases. Onur ÇAĞLAR, Sabri; BULUR, Serkan; ALEMDAR, Recai; AYDIN, Mesut; ERCAN, Nurten // Duzce Medical Journal;Jan2013, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p63
Although acute left main coronary artery (LMCA) occlusion is rare, it carries a very high mortality rate. Several studies have compared the efficacy of elective coronary artery stenting and coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) in patients with LMCA disease. However, a definite reperfusion...
- MANAGEMENT OF CARDIOGENIC SHOCK COMPLICATING ACUTE MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION. Menon, Venu; Hochman, Judith S. // Heart;Nov2002, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p531
Discusses the incidence of cardiogenic shock complicating acute myocardial infarction. Prediction and prevention of shock; Clinical recognition; Etiology; Management of cardiogenic shock; Management of mechanical complications.
- Owners of a Lonely Heart. Chatterjee, Camille // Psychology Today;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p22
Reveals that heart attack survivors have a hard enough time dealing with the aftermath of their illness, according to a research. Impact of the trauma of having a heart attack; Comments from Nancy Frasure-Smith of Montreal Heart Institute in Quebec.
- 409 Haemodynamic parameters in cardiogenic shock due to myocardial infarction: effects of levosimendan compared with dobutamine after primary percutaneous coronary intervention. // European Journal of Heart Failure. Supplements;Jun2005, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p92
An abstract of the article "Haemodynamic Parameters in Cardiogenic Shock due to Myocardial Infarction: Effects of Levosimendan Compared With Dobutamine After Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention," by J. Ferrer-Hita and colleagues is presented.
- Review of ventricular rupture: key concepts and diagnostic tools for success. Davis, Nicholas; Sistino, Joseph J // Perfusion;Jan2002, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p63
Although a rare complication of acute myocardial infarction (AMI), ventricular rupture is a serious event associated with significant mortality and morbidity. Patients normally present with hemodynamic instability, often in cardiogenic shock. Despite improvements in surgical techniques and...
- MI patients are more likely to survive in the U.S.. Ferraro, Julia // RN;Apr97, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p18
Reports that patients who develop cardiogenic shock after myocardial infarction (MI) receive more aggressive treatment in the United States. Mortality rate of MI patients treated in the United States and those treated in other countries.
- Effect of Diabetes on the Mortality Risk of Cardiogenic Shock in a Community-Based Population. Tedesco, James V.; Wright, R. Scott; Williams, Brent A.; Kopecky, Stephen L.; Dvorak, David L.; Reeder, Guy S.; Miller, Wayne L. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;May2003, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p561
Examines the mortality of diabetic versus nondiabetic patients with anterior myocardial infarction (AMI) among the subsets of the population who did and did not develop cardiogenic shock. Association of the presence of diabetes as a comorbidity in patients with AMI, with increased mortality...