STUDIES ON FIBRINOLYTIC ACTIVITY IN NORMAL PERSONS AND PATIENTS WITH ATHEROSCLEROTIC VASCULAR DISEASE AFTER PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND INJECTIONS OF NICOTINIC ACID
- FIBRINOLYSIS AND ATHEROSCLEROSIS. Berry, Perrin L. // Angiology;May1962, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p208
Because of seemed logical to expect a difference between the fibrinolytic activity in the blood of patients suffering from complications of atherosclerosis and of subjects having no evidence of the disease, two such groups have been studied. Plasminogen, plasminogen activator and inhibitor...
- Differential Regulation of Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 and Tissue Plasminogen Activator Activity by the Cyclic-AMP System in Lipopolysaccharide-stimulated Rat Primary Astrocytes. Soon Lee; Hee Kim; Woo Lee; So Joo; Se-Jin Jeon; Ji Kim; Seol-Heui Han; Jongmin Lee; Seung Park; Jae Cheong; Won-Ki Kim; Kwang Ko; Chan Shin // Neurochemical Research;Nov2008, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p2324
AbstractÂ Â We investigated the effect of the cAMP system on lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced changes in the activity of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) in rat primary astrocytes. LPS stimulation increased MMP-9 and decreased tPA activity in rat...
- Plasminogen-related. // Encyclopedic Reference of Cancer;2001, p701
A definition of the term "plasminogen-related protein" is presented. It refers to a protein that shares structural similarity and evolutionary relationship with plasminogen.
- AN EXPERIMENTAL METHOD FOR QUANTITATIVE EVALUATION OF THROMBOLYSIS: EFFECT OF CA-7, A PROTEASE FROM ASPERGILLUS ORYZAE. Giering, John E.; Truant, Aldo P. // Angiology;Sep1966, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p661
A quantitative method is described which is based upon the insertion into the external jugular vein of a preformed, weighed blood clot formed and retracted around a special framework. The frame firmly supports and confines the clot in a fixed position within the vein without completely impeding...
- THROMBOLYTIC THERAPY WITH LOCAL PERFUSIONS OF CA-7 (FIBRINOLYTIC ENZYME FROM ASPERGILLUS ORYZAE) IN THE DOG. Roschlau, Walter H.E.; Fisher, Albert M. // Angiology;Sep1966, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p670
The prompt lysis of intravenous and intra-arterial occluding thrombi with local perfusions of non-toxic of CA-7 (fibrinolytic enzyme from Aspergillus oryzae) in the dog is described. The action of blood inhibitors is demonstrated in comparative experiments with injections of CA-7 into thrombosed...
- Purification and characterization of a novel fibrinolytic enzyme fromRhizopus chinensis12. Liu Xiao-lan; Du Lian-xiang; Lu Fu-ping; Zheng Xi-qun; Xiao Jing // Applied Microbiology & Biotechnology;May2005, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p209
A novel fibrinolytic enzyme fromRhizopus chinensis12 was purified through ammonium sulfate precipitation, hydrophobic interaction, ionic exchange, and gel filtration chromatography. The purification protocol resulted in a 893-fold purification of the enzyme, with a final yield of 42.6%. The...
- Characterization of a novel bifunctional mutant of staphylokinase
with platelet-targeted thrombolysis and antiplatelet aggregation
activities. Hongshan Chen; Wei Mo; Huabo Su; Yanling Zhang; Houyan Song // BMC Molecular Biology;2007, Vol. 8, p88
Background: Although staphylokianse (SAK) is among the most promising blood dissolving agents, it is far from ideal. It is interesting to hypothesize that the clot lysis efficacy of SAK can be enhanced with direct active platelet binding ability, and at the same time the rethrombosis...
- Rapilysin. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p469
This article presents information on Rapilysin, a proprietary, prescription-only preparation of the fibrinolytic drug reteplase. It can be used to treat myocardial infarction, and is available in a form for injection.
- THROMBOLYTIC AGENTS. // Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses, 9th edition;2005, p1018
Presents information on thrombolytic agents. Indications; Pharmacokinetics; Adverse reactions and side effects.