EFFECTS OF TRANSAORTIC CATHETER INJECTION OF RENOGRAFIN, UROKON, HYPAQUE AND MIOKON INTO THE SUPERIOR MESENTERIC ARTERIES OF DOGS
- Functional luminal imaging probe geometric and histomorphologic analysis of abdominal wall wound induced by different trocars in pigs. Jingbo Zhao; Donghua Liao; McMahon, Barry; O'Donovan, Deidre; Schiretz, Rich; Heninrich, Russell; Gregersen, Hans // Surgical Endoscopy;May2009, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p1004
This study aimed to investigate wound geometry and tissue damage caused by several different trocar types using a quantitative functional luminal imaging probe (FLIP) geometric profile and histomorphologic analysis. Four pigs were used in this study. After general anesthesia, six different...
- Clarification. // American Surgeon;May2014, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p526
A correction to the article "Biological Mesh in Contaminated Fields--Overuse Without Data: A Systematic Review of Their Use in Abdominal Wall Reconstruction," by Wirt Cross, Ajay Kumar and Gopal Chandru Kowdley that was published in a January 2014 issue of the journal "The American Surgeon" is...
- Hernia de LittrÃ©, una causa poco frecuente de obstrucciÃ³n intestinal. Aláez-Chillarón, Ana Belén; Ramiro-Pérez, Carmen; Rodríguez-Velasco, Gloria; Calero-Amaro, Alicia; Latorre-Fragua, Raquel; Díez-Tabernilla, Maria // Cirugia y Cirujanos;mrz/abri2012, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p186
Background: Littre's hernia is the presence of a Meckel diverticulum within an orifice in the abdominal wall. There are few cases published in the literature and its frequency is not well described. Clinical case: We present the case of a 74-year-old patient who arrived at the emergency service...
- Repair of a Superior Mesenteric Vein Injury in a Patient with a Multisystem Trauma: A Case Report. Flis, Vojko // Vascular Surgery;Jul/Aug1995, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p327
The author presents a case of a complex superior mesenteric vein injury and associated multiple injuries (small bowel, infrarenal vena cava, liver, spleen) to illustrate that in specific situations the repair of a superior mesenteric vein may be a procedure of choice.
- JEJUNAL DIVERTICULITIS MANIFESTING WITH ABDOMINAL WALL ABSCESS. Alvarez, Oscar A.; Mejia, Alejandro; Ostrower, Victor S.; Lee, Makau // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov1995, Vol. 90 Issue 11, p2060
Jejunal diverticulosis is generally considered to be an innocuous condition, but serious complications can arise and lead to acute or chronic syndromes, in this report, we describe a case of jejunal diverticulitis presenting with an abdominal wall abscess. To our knowledge, this is the first...
- ONE EXERCISE FOR TOTAL ABS. Stoppani, Jim // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jun2004, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p228
Discusses the major muscles found in the abdominal region. Description of each muscle; Instruction on the exercise which can hit all the muscles in the abdominal region.
- Desmoid tumor of the abdominal wall: a case report. // Journal of Medical Case Reports;2011, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p326
The article presents a case study of a 40-year-old Caucasian man with a desmoid tumor of the anterior abdominal wall with no relevant family history. The patient was diagnosed with a painless mass in the left anterolateral abdomen. The defect was reconstructed with polypropylene mesh after...
- Flexible tack for ventral hernia repair. Kakizoe, Saburo; Kakizoe, Yumiko; Matsuoka, Isao; Kakizoe, Keiji // Surgery Today;Jul2011, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p1024
mesh repair of a ventral hernia from the anterior approach is relatively difficult because it is necessary to fix the edge of the mesh from the hernial orifice. We developed a flexible tack for hernia repair, and used it for five lesions in four patients. The flexible tack allowed us to fix the...
- epigastric hernia. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p277
An encyclopedia entry for "epigastric hernia" is presented. It refers to a hernia through a weakened area in the upper central abdominal wall. Hernia is a protrusion of an organ or tissue. It may appear as a lump in the centre of the upper abdomen, between the base of the sternum and the navel.