PREVENTION BY AN ANTI ADHESIVE DRUG OF THROMBOSIS CAUSED BY BLOOD CELL AGGREGATION
- Response: Is Mean Platelet Volume Increased in Behcet's Disease with Thrombosis? // Tohoku Journal of Experimental Medicine;Nov2010, Vol. 222 Issue 3, p227
No abstract available.
- Changes in Hemostatic Parameters After Oral Hormone Therapy in Postmenopausal Women. Borowiecka, Marta; Polac, Ireneusz; Nowak, Pawel; Radwan, Pawel; Ponczek, Michal B.; Wachowicz, Barbara // Journal of Women's Health (15409996);Dec2010, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p2267
Objective: Oral hormone therapy (HT) and menopausal age are both prothrombotic risk factors. The aim of our study was to compare the hemostatic parameters in plasma of postmenopausal women after 6 months of oral HT with parameters of control (without treatment) postmenopausal women. Methods:...
- Response to Letter: Mean Platelet Volume in Patients With Dilated Cardiomyopathy and Left Ventricular Thrombus. Tekin, Gulacan; Tekin, Yusuf Kenan; Sivri, Nasır; Yetkin, Ertan // Angiology;Dec2012, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p557
A response from the authors of the article "Mean platelet volume in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy: does it have a role on left ventricular thrombus formation?" in the October 2012 issue, is presented.
- The effects of transport by pneumatic tube system on blood cell count, erythrocyte sedimentation and coagulation tests. Koçak, Fatma Emel; Yöntem, Mustafa; Yücel, Özlem; Çilo, Mustafa; Genç, Özlem; Meral, Ayfer // Biochemia Medica;2013, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p206
Introduction: Today, the pneumatic tube transport system (PTS) is used frequently because of its advantages related to timing and speed. However, the impact of various types of PTS on blood components is unknown. The aim of this study was to examine the influence of PTS on the quality of routine...
- CaracterÃstica leucocitÃ¡ria, relaÃ§Ã£o albumina/globulina, proteÃna plasmÃ¡tica e fibrinogÃªnio de bovinos da raÃ§a Nelore, confinados e terminados a pasto. da Silva, Ediane Batista; Fioravanti, Maria Clorinda Soares; da Silva, Luiz Antônio Franco; de Araújo, Eugênio Gonçalves; de Menezes, Liliana Borges; Miguel, Marina Pacheco; Vieira, Dirson // CiÃªncia Rural;nov2008, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p2191
This research aimed to evaluate the changes in the white blood cell count and some serum proteins of confined cattle (CC) and grass cattle (GC). From the 120 blood samples collected, 60 were obtained from confined Nelore male bovines and 60 from animals with the same characteristics but managed...
- Assays of different aspects of haemostasis -- what do they measure? Tynngård, Nahreen; Lindahl, Tomas L.; Ramström, Sofia // Thrombosis Journal;2015, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Haemostasis is a complex process affected by many factors including both cellular and plasma components. It is a multistep process starting with platelet adhesion to damaged endothelium and ending in clot fibrinolysis. There are several methods available to study different aspects of haemostasis...
- Clarifying the CBC. Carroll, Patricia; Moore, Amy Slugg // RN;Sep97, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p29
Reports on the interpretation of a complete blood count (CBC) on a lab test. Indepth look at the factors of testing; Examples of tissue cells; Details on the (CBC); Information on the white blood cells (WBC); Types of WBCs. INSET: Making sense of the CBC..
- Answering your questions. Kurec, Anthony // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Sep2014, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p36
The article presents questions and answers related to healthcare, namely, a resource on how to classify segs and bands based on the College of American Pathologists (CAP) criteria, and the procedure used to measure other elements found in a urine like bacteria when a spun urine sediment has...
- Maternal and Perinatal Outcome in Severe Pre-eclampsia and Eclampsia. Singhal, Savita Rani; Nanda, Smiti // Journal of South Asian Federation of Obstetrics & Gynecology;Sep-Dec2009, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p25
Background: Pre-eclampsia is a leading cause of maternal and perinatal morbidity and mortality worldwide. Present study was planned to find the maternal and perinatal outcome in patients of severe pre-eclampsia and eclampsia. Methodology: It is a prospective study, carried out on 100 pregnant...