THE USE OF PROPRANOLOL FOR THE PROTECTION OF TURKEYS FROM THE DEVELOPMENT OF Î²-AMINOPROPIONITRILE-- INDUCED AORTIC RUPTURES
- 'Third drug' trial: comparative study of antihypertensive agents added to treatment when blood pressure remains uncontrolled by a beta blocker plus thiazide diuretic. McAreavey, D.; Ramsey, L.E.; Latham, L.; McLaren, A.D.; Lorimer, A.R.; Reid, J.L.; Robertson, J.I.S.; Robertson, M.P.; Weir, R.J. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/14/1984, Vol. 288 Issue 6411, p106
Compares the efficacy and side effects of antihypertensive agents. Response of patients with hypertension on beta adregenetic blocking agent; Effect of Minoxidil on mildly hypertensive patients; Reaction of patients to labetalol; Participation of the drugs in lowering blood pressure.
- ritodrine hydrochloride. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p478
The article presents information on ritodrine hydrochloride, a sympathomimetic and beta-receptor stimulant drug which can be used in obstetrics to prevent or delay premature labour by relaxing the uterus. Administration is either oral or by injection. Side effects include muscle tremor, nausea,...
- Antihypertensive therapy with nicardipine for patients with aortic disease is associated with more esmolol usage than urapidil. Kang-Song Wu; Jian-Cang Zhou; Hang-Yang Li; Dan-Yan Gu; Kong-Han Pan; Wei-Dong Li; Ying-Hong Hu // Journal of Thoracic Disease;2014, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p1765
No abstract available.
- A prudent pause. Cubberley, Robert B. // Cortlandt Forum;11/25/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p110
Presents a case of a 45-year-old patient with a dissecting aortic aneurysm. Clinical presentation; Findings of physical examination; Diagnosis.
- DUTOPROL. // Nurse Practitioners Prescribing Reference;Fall2012, Vol. 19 Issue 3, pA-16
The article offers information Dutoprol, the new cardioselective beta1-blocker plus diuretic, by AstraZeneca including its active ingredients and mechanism.
- HPLC Determination of Ritodrine Hydrochloride in Pharmaceutical Formulations. Revanasiddappa, H. D.; Manju, B. // Journal of Analytical Chemistry;Aug2003, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p775
A simple, rapid, and accurate HPLC method is described for the determination of ritodrine hydrochloride (RTH) in both pure form and pharmaceutical formulations. A Hypersil Shendon ODS column with a mobile phase of dibasic phosphate buffer and acetonitrile (75 : 25) and isoxsuprine hydrochloride...
- Rupture of known abdominal aortic aneurysms: An ethical dilemma. Piotrowski, Joseph J.; Akhrass, Rami // American Surgeon;Jul95, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p556
Determines whether the outcome in patients with known abdominal aortic aneurysm previously denied repair could justify emergent repair following rupture. Reasons for denied repairs; Morbidity and mortality rate; Effectiveness of repair during the early stages of aneurysm.
- Unusual echocardiographic appearance of traumatic aortic dissection. Karabinis, A.; Rentoukas, E.; Lazaros, G.; Dounis, G. // Heart;Nov2002, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p444
Presents a case of traumatic aortic dissection. Findings of the clinical examination and echocardiography diagnosis; Appearance of the chest computed tomography and transoesophageal echocardiogram.
- Aortic Dissection: A Dreaded Disease with Many Faces. Kasher, John Afshin; El-Bialy, Adel; Balingit, Peter // Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology & Therapeutics;Sep2004, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p211
Presents a case of an elderly man with an unusual aortic dissection. Information on aortic dissection; Medical history of the patient; Results of medical examinations conducted on the patients; Classic presentation of aortic dissection; Common classification criteria of aortic dissection.