- PRE-OPERATIVE PHLEBOGRAPHY IN PERIPHERAL VASCULAR RECONSTRUCTION. Jackson, David R.; Ostberg, Robert H. // Vascular Surgery;May/Jun1971, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p164
Points out some of the useful information that can be obtained by pre-operative phlebography. Technique of phlebography; Pre-operative use of superficial saphenous phlebography; Information on whether pre-operative phlebography can be done without complications.
- VENOGRAPHY, LOWER EXTREMITY STUDIES. Schnell, Zoanne Burgess; Van Leeuwen, Anne M.; Kranpitz, Todd R. // Davis's Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests ;Jan2003, p1009
Presents a guide to lower extremity venography. Procedure; Clinical indications; Interfering factors; Nursing implications.
- Detection of deep vein thrombosis by Doppler angiography. Day, T.K.; Fish, P.J.; Kakkar, V.V. // British Medical Journal;3/13/1976, Vol. 1 Issue 6010, p618
Examines the deep vein thrombosis in patients using Doppler angiography. Comparison of the study results with findings from venography; Effectiveness in detecting the partial and the totally occluding thrombi; Number of thrombi detected by the method.
- Vena Cava 3D Contrast-Enhanced MR Venography: A Pictorial Review. Jiang Lin; Kang-Rong Zhou; Zu-Wang Chen; Jian-Hua Wang; Zi-Ping Yan; Wang, Yi-Xiang J. // CardioVascular & Interventional Radiology;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p795
Three-dimensional contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance venography (CE MRV) is a sensitive and accurate method for diagnosing vena cava pathologies. The commonly used indirect approach involves a nondiluted gadolinium contrast agent injected into an upper limb vein or, occasionally, a pedal vein...
- Combined CT Venography and CT Pulmonary Angiography for the Detection of Deep Venous Thrombosis in Injured Patients. JONES, CHRISTIAN; TEIXEIRA, PEDRO G. R.; INABA, KENJI; KEESARA, SRAVANTHI R.; RHEE, PETER; BROWN, CARLOS; SALIM, ALI; BROWDER, TIMOTHY; DEMETRIADES, DEMETRIOS // American Surgeon;Oct2008, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p935
CT Venography (CTV) performed at the time of CT pulmonary angiography (CTPA) images the central, pelvic, and extremity venous circulation with minimal additional time, radiation, and no added contrast. CTV has been added to CTPA routinely at our Level I trauma center since 2000, and we sought to...
- The Age of a Venous Thrombosis: Experimental and Clinical Experience with Duplex Color-Coded Ultrasound. Eisele, Ralf; Orend, Karl-Heinz; Mohr, Michael; Schulte, Michael // Vascular Surgery;Jul/Aug1996, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p301
The crucial point for all therapeutic considerations is the exact estimation of the age of the thrombus. Until the present, phlebography, an invasive technique, has been the gold standard in venous diagnostics. The intention of this study was to investigate the efficiency of duplex color-coded...
- Time-resolved MR angiography for detecting and grading ovarian venous reflux: comparison with conventional venography. Yang, D. M.; Kim, H. C.; Nam, D. H.; Jahng, G. H.; Huh, C. Y.; Lim, J. W. // British Journal of Radiology;Jun2012, Vol. 85 Issue 1014, pe117
Objective: The purpose of this study was to compare the diagnostic accuracy of time-resolved MR angiography (TR-MRA) with that of conventional venography for the detection and grading of ovarian venous reflux, which aid in the diagnosis of pelvic venous congestion. Methods: We performed a...
- THE ARTERIOGRAPHIC EXAMINATION OF THE LOWER EXTREMITY. Campbell, Darrell A.; Glenn Smith, R. // Angiology;Feb1950, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p100
1. Arteriographic examination of the lower extremity is of assistance in assessing the circulatory state of that extremity. 2. The technique has been briefly reviewed. 3. Indications, contraindications, and complications have been enumerated. 4. The chief uses for the method have been discussed.
- Multi-slice CT (MSCT) angiography for assessment of traumatic lesions of lower limbs peripheral arteries. Roberto Iezzi; Antonio Cotroneo; Danilo Pascali; Biagio Merlino; Maria Storto // Emergency Radiology;Nov2007, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p389
Abstract AimÃ‚Â Ã‚Â The aim of this study was to evaluate the feasibility and effectiveness of multi-slice computed tomography (MSCT) angiography for the assessment of traumatic lesions involving the arteries of the lower limbs. Materials and methodsÃ‚Â Ã‚Â Forty-seven...