FACTORS INFLUENCING COLLATERAL ARTERIAL FORMATION FROM PEDICLES ON THE SURFACE OF THE HEARTS OF DOGS
- Interproximal Papilla Augmentation Procedure: A Novel Surgical Approach and Clinical Evaluation of 10 Consecutive Procedures. Nemcovsky, Carlos E. // International Journal of Periodontics & Restorative Dentistry;2001, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p552
Periodontal plastic surgery enables enhanced esthetics in the anterior maxillary region. Reconstruction of the interdental papilla is one of the most challenging and least predictable of treatments. Several surgical and nonsurgical procedures to rebuild lost papillae have been presented;...
- The Midline Forehead Island Flap. Field, Lawrence M. // Journal of Dermatologic Surgery & Oncology;Mar87, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p243
The midline forehead island flap exemplifies pedicled island flaps based on random circulation. The use of this flap for medial canthal reconstruction is set forth by photographs, diagrams, and appropriate commentary.
- Retroperitoneoscopic Left Donor Nephrectomy Use of Hem-o-Lok Clips for Control of Renal Pedicle. Pranjal Modi; Rajiv Goel; Sharad Dodia // Journal of Endourology;Sep2007, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p1029
Purpose To assess the safety of transplantation with the use of Hem-o-lok clips to control the renal vessels during retroperitoneoscopic donor nephrectomy (RDN).Patients and Methods From September 2004 to August 2005, we performed 45 left RDNs. Forty-one patients had a single renal artery,...
- Anatomic study on the transverse cervical vessels perforators in the lateral triangle of the neck and harvest of a new flap: the free supraclavicular transverse cervical artery perforator flap. Cordova, Adriana; D'Arpa, Salvatore; Pirrello, Roberto; Brenner, Erich; Jeschke, Johannes; Moschella, Francesco // Surgical & Radiologic Anatomy;Feb2009, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p93
Vessels in the supraclavicular area and their contribution to skin vascularization have always been studied for flaps planning in head and neck reconstruction and many pedicled flaps have been described based on those vessels. Little has been written instead about the vascularization of the...
- Mechanical properties and tissue reinforcement of polypropylene grafts used for pelvic floor repair-an experimental study. Potic, M.; Ignjatovic, I.; Savic, V.; Djekic, P.; Radenkovic, G. // Hernia;Dec2011, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p685
Purpose: Although grafts can be made from the same materials, the final weave of the product may play a role in the ultimate outcomes or complications. The aim of this experimental study is to evaluate and compare the mechanical properties of the meshes and their influence on biological...
- Turkish delight graft offers smooth approach to nasal deformities. Schneider, Ellen Meyer // Cosmetic Surgery Times;Jul2002, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the benefits of the use of Turkish Delight graft in deformities from open rhinoplasty method in the U.S. Advantages of Turkish Delight over other grafting materials; Observation of a smooth and consistent result in the use of the graft; Steps in the creation of the Turkish Delight graft.
- Erratum. // Journal of Dermatologic Surgery & Oncology;Sep88, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p924
Presents a correction to the article "The Single Pedicle Retroauricular Advancement Flap" that was previously published in an issue of "The Journal of Dermatologic Surgery and Oncology."
- Subcutaneous Island Pedicle Flaps in Difficult Wound Closures. Jacobson, Randye G.; Flowers, Franklin P. // American Family Physician;9/1/1996, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p939
Describes the method for performing subcutaneous island pedicle flaps in areas of the body that require a more elaborate repair because of the high degree of tension at the site of the lesion. Advantages of subcutaneous island pedicle flaps; Outline of the ellipse; Excision of the lesion; Wound...
- Ablation of a Persistent Angiomatous Condition on the Face in Stages by a Variety of Flap Techniques and Selective Dermabrasion. Field, Lawrence M. // Journal of Dermatologic Surgery & Oncology;Mar81, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p266
A case is described in which a large, persistent hemangioma on a cheek of a middle-aged man was removed in stages by means of subcutaneously bipedicled island flaps, a preauricular and postauricular transposition flap, and finished off by dermabrasion. Some such lesions hitherto deemed...