A COMPACT PORTABLE MERCURY MANOMETER FOR CALIBRATING PRESSURE TRANSDUCERS
- manometry. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p488
An encyclopedia entry for the term "manometry" is presented. It refers to the measurement of pressure utilizing an instrument called a manometer. It also refers to blood pressure measurement through an instrument called a sphygnomanometer.
- sphygmomanometer. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p705
An encyclopedia entry for "sphygmomanometer" is presented. It refers to an instrument for measuring blood pressure. It consists of a cuff attached to the device that is wrapped around a person's arm and inflated until it compresses the main artery in the arm. The blood pressure measurement may...
- Compact Pressure Transmitter. // New Equipment Digest;Mar2006, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p64
The article evaluates a compact pressure transmitter from ifm efector Inc. and offers information on key features, proper applications and major benefits of using the product.
- Stable Capacitance Manometer Pressure Sensors. // Physics Today;Oct88, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p105
This article features the new CMH Series capacitance manometer from Vacuum General. This product is a pressure sensor well suited to low-pressure applications such as sputtering, ion milling, and ion gauge calibration. For greater zero stability this transducer is maintained at a controlled...
- A novel pressure array sensor based on contact resistance variation: Metrological properties. Del Prete, Z.; Monteleone, L.; Steindler, R. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Feb2001, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p1548
The working principle and the metrological performances of a novel array sensor devoted to pressure map measurements are experimentally analyzed here. The physical principle on which the sensor elements are sensitive to the pressure is the variation of the contact resistance. Pressure maps from...
- Pressure, velocity, and temperature sensitivities of a bleed-type pressure sensor. Giovanangeli, J. P.; Chambaud, P. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jul1987, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p1221
This paper presents the results of a complete series of tests and calibrations of a bleed-type pressure sensor used in order to determine in-stream static pressure fluctuations in a turbulent boundary layer just above a pure laboratory windâ€“wave field. The static calibrations show that...
- High sensitivity sensor for moderate pressures. Rosenbaum, T.F.; Carter, S.A.; Honig, J.M. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Feb1996, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p617
Proposes an alternative material for use as the sensing element of a manometer, with a response more than 100 times greater than that of the best superconducting elements. Linear nature of the material's response; Pressure variation of the metal-insulator transition temperature obtained on...
- Intelligent pressure scanners enhance chillers. // Control Engineering;Mar98, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p61
Features the Model 9010 intelligent pressure scanner from Pressure Systems Inc. Product use; Key features.
- Keeping the pressure on pressure instrumentation. Johnson, Dick // Control Engineering;Mar98, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p98
Discusses the importance and key features of several pressure sensing devices. Process control and instrumentation; Pressure sensing measurement; Flow and level measurement; Yokogawa Industrial Automation's A-Series DPharp digital pressure transmitter; Foxboro Co.'s I/A Series pressure...