OCCLUSIVE ARTERIAL DISEASE IN EXTREMITIES, WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO BUERGER'S DISEASE
- PLEA TO SAVE THE THIGH SEGMENT OF THE SAPHENOUS VEIN. Demos, Nicholas J. // Angiology;Jul/Aug1971, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p428
Discusses the use of autogenous vein grafting for the treatment of arteriosclerotic occlusion. Efficacy of the method; Use of the method in revascularization of the ischemic upper extremity; Considerations for the use of the method on patients with varicose veins.
- veno-occlusive. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p2307
A definition of the term "veno-occlusive" is presented. The term refers to things concerning obstruction of veins.
- A REAPPRAISAL OF THE INJECTION TREATMENT OF VARICOSE VEINS. Emerson, Edward C. // Angiology;Jan1963, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p8
History reveals the trend of treatment in varicose veins from the earliest to modern times to be first surgical, then conservative (nonsurgical) then surgical again after Lister and Pasteur. There followed a period characterized by fear of pulmonary embolism after usually long post operative...
- Nonoperative Treatment of Budd-Chiari Syndrome Utilizing New Radiologic Interventional Techniques. Sharma, Rajinder P.; Burke, Pamela J.; Batra, Surinder K.; Venugopal, Chandra; Burke, Mathew; Shetty, P. C.; Kastan, David; Burke, Thomas // Vascular Surgery;Nov/Dec1997, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p797
Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) describes a variety of clinical conditions that result in outflow obstruction of hepatic venous return to the right heart, ultimately leading to liver failure and death if left untreated. The authors present successful management to 24 months of a patient with BCS by...
- Patterns of Venous Reflux and Obstruction in Patients With Skin Damage Due to Chronic Venous Disease. Labropoulos, Nicos; Patel, Parag J.; Tiongson, Jay E.; Pryor, Landon; Leon Jr., Luis R.; Tassiopoulos, Apostolos K. // Vascular & Endovascular Surgery;Feb/Mar2007, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p33
Identified were characteristics of individuals with skin damage related to chronic venous disease. Patients with chronic venous disease (n = 164) were evaluated with duplex ultrasound imaging and were placed in classes 4, 5, and 6 according to the CEAP classification. Their findings were...
- embolus. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p747
A definition of the term "embolus" which refers to a mass of undissolved matter in a blood or lymphatic vessel, is presented, as well as related terms like "air embolus," "coronary embolus" and "pulmonary embolus."
- Diameters and Wall-to-Lumen Ratio of Retinal Arterioles in Patients with Retinal Vein Occlusion Before and After Treatment with Dexamethasone Intravitreal Implants. Semeraro, Francesco; Russo, Andrea; Rizzoni, Damiano; Danzi, Paola; Morescalchi, Francesco; Costagliola, Ciro // Journal of Ocular Pharmacology & Therapeutics;Sep2014, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p573
Background: To evaluate the diameters and wall-to-lumen ratio (WLR) of retinal arterioles in patients with retinal vein occlusion (RVO) before and after a 0.7 mg dexamethasone (DEX) intravitreal implant and compare it with a matched control group of normal eyes. Methods: This was a single-site,...
- PATHOLOGICAL ANATOMY OF ATHEROSCLEROSIS AND ITS RELATION TO PERIPHERAL ARTERY GRAFTING. Martin, Peter // Angiology;Dec1958, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p349
Examines the pathological anatomy of atherosclerosis and its relation to peripheral artery grafting. Rare occurrence of atherosclerosis to affect the smaller vessels; Identification of the most common site of obstruction in the thigh; Diffusion of intimal disease throughout the length of the...
- Desegmentation of Ozurdex implant in vitreous cavity: report of two cases. Agrawal, Rupesh; Fernandez-Sanz, Guillermo; Bala, Susmita; Addison, Peter K. F. // British Journal of Ophthalmology;Jul2014, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p961
Purpose To report two cases of desegmentation or fracture of the Ozurdex implant observed immediately after routine intravitreal implantation for macular oedema. Patients In two patients receiving intravitreal Ozurdex implant injection, a rare complication of fracture of implant was noted...