GASTRODUODENAL ULCER: A PERIPHERAL CIRCULATORY DEFICIENCY DISEASE
- GIANT ULCERS OF THE STOMACH. Cohn Jr., Isidore; Sartin, Jack; Sudduth, Perry // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug1959, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p121
Presents clinical information on large gastric ulcers. Symptoms associated with large gastric ulcers; Recommended therapy; Pathologic study of the large ulcers; Incidence of cancer in collected series of large gastric ulcers.
- ...While lasers sniff out stomach ulcers. Beard, Jonathan // New Scientist;4/23/94, Vol. 142 Issue 1922, p22
Features inventor Daniel Murnick's instrument for detection of stomach ulcers. Detection of ratio of carbon isotopes in one's breath; Description of diagnostic process; Licensing and manufacturing; Other applications.
- THE CHALLENGE OF PREPYLORIC ULCER. Deutsch, Emmanuel; Christian, Howard J. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul1964, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p23
Discusses research being done on the differential evaluation of prepyloric gastric ulcer. Associated pathology in several patients with prepyloric ulcer; Gastroscopic examination of the condition; Gastric profile in several cases of ulcer.
- Gastric Stomal Ulcers Following Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. Hussain, A.; EL-Hasani, S. // Obesity Surgery;Dec2014, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p2171
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on development of stomach ulcer due to Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.
- Effect of Ultralow Doses of Antibodies to Histamine on the Development of Chronic Ulcerative Process in the Stomach of Experimental Animals. Krylova, S. G.; Fomina, T. I.; Zueva, E. P.; Razina, T. G.; Amosova, E. N.; Kachanova, M. V. // Bulletin of Experimental Biology & Medicine;Sep2009, Vol. 148 Issue 3, p536
Antiulcer activity of ultralow doses of antibodies to histamine was demonstrated on the model of chronic acetate-induced gastric ulcer in rats. Course therapy with the preparation accelerated healing of chronic experimental ulcer by correcting hemodynamic disturbances and stimulating mucus...
- Perforated Peptic Ulcer following Gastric Bypass for Obesity. MACGREGOR, ALEX M. C.; PICKENS, N. EARLE; THOBURN, ERIC K. // American Surgeon;Mar1999, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p222
Evaluates several cases of perforated peptic ulcer in the excluded segment of a gastric bypass performed in the management of morbid obesity. Radiological sign of perforated peptic ulcer; Pathogenesis of ulcer perforations in the excluded stomach.
- SOME ROENTGENOLOGIC CONSIDERATIONS IN PEPTIC ULCERS. Eisenstadt, H. B. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov1959, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p648
Presents an abstract of the study "Some Roentgenologic Considerations in Peptic Ulcers," by E. H. Little and Seymour Ochsner.
- Peptik Ã¼lser perforasyonuna eÅŸlik eden gastrik schwannoma. İnce, Volkan; Ateş, Mustafa; Dirican, Abuzer; Şamdancı, Emine; Usta, Sertaç // Dicle Medical Journal / Dicle Tip Dergisi;2011, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p339
Gastric schwannoma is a benign neoplasm that originates from sheet of nerve cell in stomach. Differential diagnosis of gastrointestinal stromal tumors, (GISTs) which have malign potential, than these tumors, which definite diagnosis is determined by histopathological and immunohistochemical...
- Gastric Toxicity and Mucosal Ulceration Induced by Oxygen-derived Reactive Species: Protection by Melatonin. Bandyopadhyay, Debashis; Biswas, Kaushikm; Bhattacharyya, Mrinalini; Reiter, Russel J.; Banejee, Ranajit K. // Current Molecular Medicine;Sep2001, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p501
Uncontrolled hydrochloric acid secretion and ulceration of the stomach mucosa due to various factors are serious global problems. Although the mechanism of acid secretion from the parietal cell is now well understood, the processes involved in gastric ulceration are still not clear. Among...