ACUTE PULMONARY EDEMA CAUSED BY BARBITURATE POISONING
- Basiliximab. // Reactions Weekly;Nov2015, Vol. 1576 Issue 1, p55
The article presents a case study of a 69-year-old female patient suffering from non-cardiogenic pulmonary oedema after administration of basiliximab.
- Hemodynamic Monitoring in High-Risk Obstetrics Patients, II. Bridges, Elizabeth J.; Womble, Shannon; Wallace, Marlene; McCartney, Jerry // Critical Care Nurse;Oct2003, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p52
Provides an overview of the pathological changes and expected hemodynamic changes associated with pregnancy-induced hypertension. Role of critical care nurses in the care of critically ill obstetrics patients; Increase in the risk of pulmonary edema in patients with hypertension and...
- The Effects of Paraquat and Superoxide Dismutase on Pulmonary Vascular Permeability and Edema in Mice. Giri, Shri N.; Hollinger, Mannfred A.; Schiedt, Mary J. // Archives of Environmental Health;Jul/Aug81, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p149
Focuses the effects of paraquat and superoxide dismutase on pulmonary vascular permeability and edema in mice in Gilroy, California. Measurement of lung edema by lung weight as percent body weight; Characterization on the toxicity of paraquat; Impact of edematogenic agents on the development of...
- Acute Changes in Lung Histopathology and Bronchoalveolar Lavage Parameters in Mice Exposed to the Choking Agent Gas Phosgene. Duniho, Steven M.; Martin, Jamie; Forster, Jeffry S.; Cascio, Matthew B.; Moran, Ted S.; Carpin, Laura B.; Sciuto, Alfred M. // Toxicologic Pathology;May/Jun2002, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p339
Phosgene (CG) is a highly irritant gas widely used industrially as a chemical intermediate for the production of dyes, pesticides, and plastics, and can cause life-threatening pulmonary edema within 24 hours of exposure. This study was designed to investigate acute changes in lung tissue...
- Enoxaparin sodium. // Reactions Weekly;Jul2015, Vol. 1559 Issue 1, p69
An abstract of the article "Thrombotic complications of enoxaparin use in patients with mechanical heart valves during pregnancy," by B. Maindiratta and colleagues is presented.
- RESCUED FROM THE KILLING PEAK. Khalid, Maria // Hilal;Aug2015, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p62
The article offers information on American mountaineer Robert Jackson, who was rescued from K2, Pakistan's highest mountain. Topics include High Altitude Pulmonary Edema (HAPE), the climbing season in Karakorum, Pakistan, and Jackson's acclimatization and expedition up K2. Other topics include...
- HEMODYNAMIC STUDIES IN ACUTE PULMONARY EDEMA. Finlayson, James K.; Luria, Milton N.; Stanfield, C. Alpheus; Yu, Paul N. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Feb61, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p244
Examines hemodynamic changes that occur during acute pulmonary edema. Measurement of cardiac output; Pulmonary diffusing capacity; Pulmonary capillary blood volume; Systemic arterial pressure.
- Edema pulmonar postobstructivo. Reporte de un caso y revisiÃ³n de la literatura. Torre, Guadalupe Maza-de la; Morales-Pogoda, Irving Iván; Rugerio, Alejandra // Revista de Sanidad Militar;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p283
Introduction. The postobstructive pulmonary edema is an entity mentioned many years ago, in which the etiology may be explained by multiple factors, it is commonly described in young people, in which otorhinolaryngological issues are associated very often. Pulmonary edema is not usually...
- A Little Known Danger. HEINERTH, JILL // Diver Magazine;2016, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p40
The article offers the author's insights regarding the risks of developing immersion pulmonary edema (IPE) among divers. Topics discussed include when her diving friend Jeff Shirk encountered difficulty breathing underwater and experienced coughing bloody froth, the insights of researcher...