Replacement of Ruptured Aneurysm of Arteriovenous Fistula by Segmental Frozen Venous Allograft: A Case Report
- DACRON ARTERIO-VENOUS INTERPOSITION GRAFT: AN ACCESS TO CIRCULATION IN PATIENTS ON CHRONIC HEMODIALYSIS. Jacob, Erwin T. // Angiology;Jan1977, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p31
In a small percentage of cases, conventional a-v fistulae of the Bresciae-Cimino type fail to provide long-term access facilities for chronic hemodialysis. When homologous venous interposition grafts are not available, the surgeon is forced to seek foreign interposition material. In three...
- Basic Vascular Access for Hemodialysis. Strate, Richard G. // Vascular Surgery;Jul/Aug1983, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p260
Vascular access for acute or chronic hemodialysis can be relatively simple or present a significant surgical challenge. The patient about to undergo acute dialysis is frequently suffering from multi-system disease and renal failure is just one component of his illness. Hemodialysis may need to...
- D. Dialysis. // Kidney;May2010, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p146
The article presents abstracts on dialysis-related complications and conditions which include the use of fistula instead of catheter to improve mortality rate, research on hemodialysis causes myocardial injury that reduces systolic heart function, and the use of antibiotics as the sole treatment...
- Study of the quality of vascular access care among hemodialysis patients. Adib-Hajbagheri, Mohsen; Molavizade, Narjes; Alavi, Negin Masoodi // Iranian Journal of Critical Care Nursing;Summer2011, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p87
Aims: Given the lack of study in the field of vascular access care for hemodialysis patients and its important role in longevity of vascular access, this study aimed to assess the quality of vascular access care among hemodialysis patients. Methods: This cross-sectional study was conducted on 85...
- Multiple External Iliac and Femoral Aneurysms that Developed After Closure of a Traumatic Arteriovenous Fistula. Ikebuchi, Masahiko; Tachibana, Maromi; Maeda, Teruo; Kanaoka, Yasushi; Ohgi, Shigetsugu; Mori, Tohru // Vascular Surgery;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p647
Reports on the mechanism of aneurysm formation following treatments for traumatic arteriovenous fistula. Case of a man who underwent closure of a traumatic arteriovenous fistula; Presentation of pulsating masses in the right femoral area; Complication by ipsilateral varicosis of the saphenous...
- Angioplasty and Ligation of Accessory Veins Salvage AV Fistulas. // Kidney;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p253
Investigates the technique for salvaging arteriovenous fistulas (AVL) for dialysis access that fail to mature. Causes of the failure of development of ligation of accessory veins; Validation of angioplasty and AVL as therapy for salvaging AVF with dialysis access failed.
- The arteriovenous fistula for hemodialysis access: Gold standard or archaic relic? Leapman, Stephen B.; Boyle, Michael // American Surgeon;Aug96, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p652
Evaluates the patency rates of arteriovenous fistulae for hemodialysis access in patients with end stage renal disease. Five year retrospective review of patient records; Calculation using the Kaplan-Meier Actuarial Analysis; Preoperative evaluation; Operative technique; Statistical evaluations.
- Complications of vascular access devices used for repeated haemodialysis. // British Medical Journal;11/26/1977, Vol. 2 Issue 6099, p1373
Examines the complications of using vascular access devices for repeated hemodialysis. Implications of arteriovenous fistula for hemodialysis blood circulation; Factors attributing to complications from hemodialysis; List of complications attributed to repeated hemodialysis.
- Predictors of adequacy of arteriovenous fistulas in hemodialysis patients. Miller, Paul E.; Tolwani, Ashita; Luscy, C. Peter; Deierhoi, Mark H.; Bailey, Robert; Redden, David T.; Allon, Michael // Kidney International;Jul1999, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p275
Predictors of adequacy of arteriovenous fistulas in hemodialysis patients. Background.Dialysis access procedures and complications represent a major cause of morbidity, hospitalization, and cost for chronic dialysis patients. To improve the outcomes of hemodialysis access procedures, recent...