AN OBJECTIVE SIGN OF THROMBOPHLEBITIS
- Review: The Wells clinical prediction guide and D-dimer testing predict deep venous thrombosis: COMMENTARY. Perrier, Arnaud // ACP Journal Club;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 145 Issue 1, p24
The article presents the author's views on the role of clinical assessment to predict the occurrence of deep venous thrombosis (DVT) in patients. Several studies have reported about the consistent prevalence of DVT in the low- and moderate-probability categories. The author revealed that highly...
- Thrombophlebitis. // Diseases & Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual, 3rd edition;2007, p891
The article provides information on thrombophlebitis, an inflammation of a vein with an associated blood clot. It discusses the causes of thrombophlebitis and its complications. Genetic, gender, ethnic/racial and life span considerations for thrombophlebitis are mentioned. Primary nursing...
- Thrombophlebitis. // Diseases & Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual, 2nd edition;2002, p939
Presents an encyclopedia entry for thrombophlebitis. Causes; Gender and life span considerations; Primary nursing diagnosis; Treatment modalities for thrombophlebitis.
- Clinical image of the week. // GP: General Practitioner;11/10/2003, p8
The hazard period for developing deep venous thrombosis (DVT) is within two weeks of a long-haul flight, according to researchers in Australia. Just one long-haul flight a year increases the risk of DVT by 12 per cent, although the risk of death remains small â€” just one in two million.
- DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS: PHYSIOPATHOLOGY AND PREVENTION PULMONARY EMBOLISM. Elena, Gligor; Elena, Zamora; Rareş, Ciocoi-Pop D.; Daniel, Gligor // Studia Universitatis Babes-Bolyai, Educatio Artis Gymnasticae;2009, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p101
Deep vein thrombosis-DVP is a important disease because it determin pulmonary embolism. In the development of the disease there are many risk factors which we must known for the profilaxy. Under the mechanism of production, the vascular injury and the conection endotheliumleucocyte is very...
- DEEP VENOUS THROMBOSIS. Copeland, Duan C.; Gretzer, Matthew B. // Contemporary Urology;May2006, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p48
The article examines the causes of and risk factors for deep venous thrombosis, and discusses guidelines for prevention in urologic surgery. It identifies factors that are thought to be primarily responsible for the development of a thrombus within a vein. It also identifies conditions that...
- THE SURGICAL TREATMENT OF ACUTE ASCENDING SUPERFICIAL THROMBOPHLEBITIS. Totten, H. P. // Angiology;Jan1965, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p37
Discusses the importance of surgical treatment of acute ascending superficial thrombophlebitis. Trends and differences in definitive surgery; Benefits and risks of surgical operation; Examination on the therapeutic effects of antibiotics, anti-inflammatory agents and anticoagulants.
- Exercise in Patients with Deep Venous Thrombosis. Miller, Karl E. // American Family Physician;9/15/2003, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p1183
Discusses the research "Acute Effects of Exercise in Patients With Previous Deep Venous Thrombosis: Impact of the Post-Thrombotic Syndrome," by S.R. Kahn et al., published in the February 2003 issue of the journal "Chest."
- Clinicopathological Conference. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar1964, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p292
Presents a case study of a patient diagnosed with thrombophlebitis of the left leg, discussed during a clinicopathological conference in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1964. Medical history of the patient; Findings of several clinical examinations conducted to the patient; Details of the...