A Modified ECG-Triggered Cinefilm-Mark Unit for DSA Studies of the Heart and Great Vessels
- THE SENSITIVITY OF THE ARTERIAL AND VENOUS CORONARY CIRCULATION TO KCN. Condorelli, S.; Pennetti, V.; Patane, F.; Melaragno, E.; Bartolo, M.; Di Renzi, L. // Angiology;Oct1969, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p517
Examines whether the coronary arterioles are provided with reflexogen areas sensitive to KCN. Sensitivity of venous and arterial coronary circulation to KCN; Sensitivity of coronary arteries studied by means of catheterization; Implications on angiology.
- An Open-Ended-Pattern Coronary Circulation: Demonstration of Its Potential "Self-Cure" Role in Obstructive Coronary Artery Disease. Antonellis, John; Kostopoulos, Konstantinos; Rabaouni, Athina; Margaris, Nikolaos; Kranidis, Athanasios; Salahas, Anastasios; Ifantis, George; Koroxenidis, Gabriel // Angiology;May1996, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p507
A case of open-ended-pattern coronary circulation that protected the left ventricle when one large vessel was occluded is presented.
- circulation. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p455
An encyclopedia entry for "circulation" is presented. The term refers to the movement in a regular or circular course. Arterial circulation means the movement of blood through the arteries and blood circulation refers to the movement of blood through the circulatory system. Meanwhile, coronary...
- Potential and limitations of wave intensity analysis in coronary arteries. Siebes, Maria; Kolyva, Christina; Verhoeff, Bart-Jan; Piek, Jan J.; Spaan, Jos A. // Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing;Feb2009, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p233
Wave intensity analysis (WIA) is beginning to be applied to the coronary circulation both to better understand coronary physiology and as a diagnostic tool. Separation of wave intensity (WI) into forward and backward traveling components requires knowledge of pulse wave velocity at the point of...
- Different Responses in Adult and Neonatal Hearts to Changes in Coronary Perfusion Pressure. Ishiyama, N.; Morita, S.; Nishida, T.; Yasui, H. // Pediatric Cardiology;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p13
The influence of coronary perfusion pressure on neonatal heart function has not been evaluated. We compared the coronary perfusion pressureâ€“cardiac function relationship between neonatal and adult hearts. Neonatal and adult rabbit hearts were examined. The coronary perfusion pressure was...
- Assessing Coronary Blood Flow With TIMI Frame Count Method in Isolated Myocardial Bridging. Barutcu, Irfan; Sezgin, Alpay Turan; Gullu, Hakan; Turkmen, Muhsin; Esen, Ali Metin // Angiology;Jun/Jul2007, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p283
Myocardial bridging (MB) is a congenital anomaly of coronary arteries and its functional significance remains controversial. Using the TIMI frame count (TFC) method, the authors investigated whether the coronary blood flow velocity is decreased in MB. The study included 18 patients (group 1; 12...
- Effects of Nitroglycerin and Diltiazem on Well-Developed Coronary Collateral Circulation in Conscious Dogs. Fujita, Masatoshi; Mikuniya, Atsushi; Mckown, Daniel P.; Mckown, Michael D.; Franklin, Dean // Angiology;Aug1991, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p628
The purpose of the present study was to compare the effects of nitroglycerin and diltiazem on coronary collateral circulation. Studies were conducted in 8 conscious dogs instrumented for the measurement of left circumflex coronary artery (LCCA) flow, subendocardial segment lengths in areas...
- INTERPLAY OF VARIOUS FACTORS AFFECTING CORONARY BLOOD FLOW. Trinker, Fedora R. // Australian Journal of Experimental Biology & Medical Science;Aug1969, Vol. 47 Issue 4, pP32
Presents a study about the interplay of various factors affecting coronary blood flow.
- IMAGES IN CARDIOLOGY: Successful endovascular aortic descending artery in a patient with a single left coronary ulcer. Aziz, S.; Ramsdale, D .R. // Heart;Jul2004, Vol. 90 Issue 7, p799
A 51 year old patient presented with an acute anterior myocardial infarction and had reperfusion therapy with thrombolysis. Electrocardiograms post-thrombolysis showed complete resolution of ST segment elevation with normal creatine kinase values and troponin T concentration. An isolated single...