Mossy Leg -- An Unusual Therapeutic Success
- MRSA's SILVER BULLET. Rubinger, Jack // Executive Housekeeping Today;May2007, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p24
The article provides information on the silver antimicrobial gel, an effective fighting agent that can stop Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureaus (MRSA) infection in the U.S. Accordingly, the Centers for Disease Control estimates that more than 130,000 people in the country are...
- Will Avilamycin Convert Ziracine into Zerocine? Courvalin, Patrice // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p558
Presents an article about avilamycin. Description on avilamycin as an antibiotic; Popular use of avilamycin in Europe; Effect of the continued use of avilamycin in human therapy.
- Therapeutic Guidelines: Antibiotic. Alam, Mehrulnisa; Bastakoti, Baburam // Australian Prescriber;Aug2015, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p137
No abstract available.
- Preface. Johnson, Alan P.; Leibovici, Leonard // Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (JAC);Jul2013, Vol. 68 Issue suppl_2, pii1
A preface to the book "Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy" is presented.
- The Role of Antimicrobial Management Programs in Optimizing Antibiotic Prescribing within Hospitals. Paterson, DavidL. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;1/15/2006 Supplement, Vol. 42, pS90
Managing serious infections is a balance between providing timely and appropriate broad-spectrum empirical therapy for individual patients, which has been consistently shown to improve outcomes, and reducing unnecessary use of antimicrobial agents, which may contribute to the development of...
- Nebulized antibiotic therapy: the evidence. Conway, S. P. // Chronic Respiratory Disease;2005, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p35
The main indications for nebulized antibiotic use are as maintenance therapy for patients with chronic Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection and in treatment protocols aimed at eradicating early P. aeruginosa infection. Daily nebulized antibiotic therapy has been used extensively in Europe for the...
- Combination therapy alleviates surface ablation discomfort. Groves, Nancy; Pascucci, Stephem E.; Snyder, Robert W. // Ophthalmology Times;11/15/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p38
The article presents several applications of the combination therapy management approach including a fluoroquinolone antibiotic and a steroid to prevent infection and reduce pain following an ocular surgery for patients in the U.S. Surgeon and professor of biomedical engineering Robert W. Snyder...
- New Drug Class Battles Resistance. Pewitt, Dawn // Review of Optometry;4/15/2004, Vol. 141 Issue 4, p116
Looks at how oxazolidinones may help in combatting drug-resistant organisms. Description of the mechanisms of oxazolidinone which is thought to be unique as there is no reported cross-resistance between oxazolidinones and other protein synthesis inhibitors.
- outwit the smart bugs. Wallace, Hannah // Natural Health;Mar2007, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p91
The article focuses on the findings of the researchers regarding the therapeutic use of penicillin in the U.S. Researchers found that the bacterium that causes pneumonia, skin infections and toxic shock syndrome has become resistant to penicillin. Meanwhile, they state that the misuse of...