THE MODERN CONCEPTION OF THERAPY OF VARICOSE VEINS
- A MODIFICATION OF AIRBLOCK TECHNIQUE IN THE SCLEROSING THERAPY OF VARICOSE VEINS. Dziaczkowski, Igor // Angiology;Nov1962, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p537
By the use of a rubber tube, situated between the needle and syringe, the introduction of air into the varicose vein during the sclerotheraphy is facilitated.
- Embolia atrial de trombo flutuante da veia safena magna apÃ³s escleroterapia com microespuma ecoguiada. Ferreira Lopes, Rubens Pierry; de Miranda, Robson Barbosa; Higutchi, Celso; de Holanda Barbosa, Tiago Calheiros; Kafejian, Ohannes // Jornal Vascular Brasileiro;Dec2010, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p257
Microfoam sclerotherapy has been widely used in the treatment of varicose vein disease. However, despite its low invasiveness and safety, potentially serious and lethal complications have been described, such as stroke and cardiorespiratory arrest. We describe a case of delayed atrial embolism...
- ASK DR ANDREW. Gibson, Donna // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);4/25/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 17, p81
Provides information on varicose veins. Factors that may increase the chance of having them, including obesity; Treatment options such as sclerotherapy and surgery.
- Skin Surgery Experts Perform Vanishing Act on Veins. // Dermatology Nursing;Apr2000, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p137
Reports on the discovery of several surgical treatments of spider and varicose leg veins. Innovative devices that enhances the results of sclerotherapy treatment; Alternative procedures for varicose veins removal; Benefits of laser procedures.
- TO SOLVE VEIN PROBLEMS... Lally, Steven; Shimer, Porter; London, Cemela; Eickmeier, Jan; Sangiorgio, Maureen; Piszczek, Carole // Prevention;Dec89, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p45
Describes procedures to solve problems of the veins and arteries. Availability of the device called rotablator that sands down plaque blockage in the arteries; Advantages of the non-surgical alternative for the treatment of varicose veins called sclerotherapy.
- CHIVA - ECOGRAPHIC ASPECTS AND SURGICAL RESULTS. EVA, I.; TIUTIUCA, R. C.; STANCIU, C. // International Journal of Medical Dentistry;Jan-Mar2014, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p64
Varices (milk leg) represent pathological dilatations of the superficial veins at the level of the inferior members. Up to now, the strictly anatomical aspect of varix formations inspired only traditional, strictly ablative treatments, generally applied without aiming at improving the...
- 1000 VARICOSE VEIN OPERATIONS. Kutz, Charles M. // Angiology;Jan1971, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p14
Presents thoughts on varicose vein operations. Developments in the author's search for an effective method of dealing with varicose veins and their complications; Round up of the lessons learned by the author in his review of his experiences with over one thousand cases of varicose vein...
- Relief of Migraine and Other Headache Following Surgical Treatment of Varicose Veins. Glass, Gerard M.; Glass, Brendan G. // Vascular Surgery;Oct1991, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p654
Sixty-eight patients undergoing surgical treatment of varicose veins who also suffered from recurrent headache were studied. In 23 patients this symptom was classified as migraine and in 45 as other headaches. In each group four aspects of headache (frequency, severity, duration, and associated...
- Klippel-Trenaunay Syndrome. Naik, R. // Indian Journal of Surgery;Aug2007, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p158
The article provides information on the characteristics and treatment of Klippel-Trenaunay Syndrome (KTS). The author stated that KTS is a triad consisting of port-wine stain varicosities and hypertrophy of soft tissue and bone. In addition, KTS may be treated through elevation of limb and the...