REPOSITORY HEPARIN AS AN ANTIATHEROGENIC AGENT
- THE EFFECT OF SUBLINGUAL HEPARIN ON LIPOPROTEIN DISTRIBUTION IN ATHEROSCLEROSIS. Biancani, G. // Angiology;Apr1961, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p119
Focuses on the capability of sublingual heparin in restoring the distribution of lipoprotein in the body in the treatment of atherosclerosis. Cause of atherosclerosis; Importance of the clearing factor of the heparin in its capacity in treating atherosclerosis; Developments in the heparin therapy.
- Guidelines for Heparin Therapy. Genton, Edward // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jan74, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p77
Presents guidelines for heparin therapy. Anticoagulant mechanisms of heparin; Route of heparin administration; Counteraction of heparin effect.
- THE EFFECT OF HEPARIN ON CHOLESTEROL PARTITION, LIPOPROTEINS AND ATHEROSCLEROSIS IN EXPERIMENTAL HYPERCHOLESTEROLEMIA. Moses, Campbell; Rhodes, Grace L. // Angiology;Oct1954, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p429
Investigates the effect of heparin on cholesterol partition, lipoproteins and atherosclerosis in experimental hypercholesterolemia. Absence of significant reduction in aortic atherosclerosis in the blood fractions; Failure of heparin to retard the development of atherosclerosis; Impact of high...
- Current, New and Future Treatments in Dyslipidaemia and Atherosclerosis. Chong, P.H.; Bachenheimer, B.S. // Drugs;Jul2000, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p55
The new therapeutic options available to clinicians treating dyslipidaemia in the last decade have enabled effective treatment for many patients. The development of the HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (statins) have been a major advance in that they possess multiple pharmacological effects...
- A case of probable bemiparin-induced heparin-induced thrombocytopenia type II managed with low-dose fondaparinux. Koul, A. N.; Koufakis, T.; Tsapakidis, K.; Margaritis, A.; Gabranis, I. // Journal of Postgraduate Medicine;Oct-Dec2015, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p267
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "A Case of Probable Hemiparin-Induced Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia (HIT) Type II Managed With Low-Dose Fondaparinux" published in a previous issue.
- Control and Management of Heparin Therapy in Venous Thromboembolism. Almazán, A.; Lozano, F.; Ramos, M.; Gómez-Alonso, A. // Vascular Surgery;Jan/Feb1983, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
The precise management of Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT), and its complications, is of considerable clinical importance as well as being a controversial topic. However, the standard treatment or complementary of others, as well as the one accepted as being of less risk and more effectiveness is...
- Generic Forms of Low-Molecular-Weight Heparins: Some Practical Considerations. Leong, Wendy; Hoppensteadt, Debra A. // Clinical & Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis;Oct2003, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p293
This commentary briefly reviews the controversies of therapeutic and generic interchangeability, as they apply to the antithrombotic drug class called low-molecular-weight heparin (LMWH). Recommendations are prepared for the generic LMWH approval process by various regulatory bodies.
- Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia in Patients Treated with Low-Molecular-Weight Heparin or Unfractionated Heparin. Warkentin, Theodore E.; Levine, Mark N.; Hirsh, Jack; Horsewood, Peter; Roberts, Robin S.; Gent, Michael; Kelton, John G. // New England Journal of Medicine;5/18/95, Vol. 332 Issue 20, p1330
Background: Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia, defined by the presence of heparin-dependent IgG antibodies, typically occurs five or more days after the start of heparin therapy and can be complicated by thrombotic events. The frequency of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and of heparin-dependent...
- Increased bleeding with GPIIb-IIIa antagonist use. // Reactions Weekly;4/1/2006, Issue 1095, p4
Presents information on the increased bleeding caused by GPIIb-IIIa antagonist use. Type of treatment which can reduce the bleeding caused by the antagonist; Methods used to assess the safety and efficacy of enoxaparin over heparin; Link between the sheath size caused by using closure devices...