REPOSITORY HEPARIN AS AN ANTIATHEROGENIC AGENT
- THE EFFECT OF SUBLINGUAL HEPARIN ON LIPOPROTEIN DISTRIBUTION IN ATHEROSCLEROSIS. Biancani, G. // Angiology;Apr1961, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p119
Focuses on the capability of sublingual heparin in restoring the distribution of lipoprotein in the body in the treatment of atherosclerosis. Cause of atherosclerosis; Importance of the clearing factor of the heparin in its capacity in treating atherosclerosis; Developments in the heparin therapy.
- Guidelines for Heparin Therapy. Genton, Edward // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jan74, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p77
Presents guidelines for heparin therapy. Anticoagulant mechanisms of heparin; Route of heparin administration; Counteraction of heparin effect.
- THE EFFECT OF HEPARIN ON CHOLESTEROL PARTITION, LIPOPROTEINS AND ATHEROSCLEROSIS IN EXPERIMENTAL HYPERCHOLESTEROLEMIA. Moses, Campbell; Rhodes, Grace L. // Angiology;Oct1954, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p429
Investigates the effect of heparin on cholesterol partition, lipoproteins and atherosclerosis in experimental hypercholesterolemia. Absence of significant reduction in aortic atherosclerosis in the blood fractions; Failure of heparin to retard the development of atherosclerosis; Impact of high...
- Current, New and Future Treatments in Dyslipidaemia and Atherosclerosis. Chong, P.H.; Bachenheimer, B.S. // Drugs;Jul2000, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p55
The new therapeutic options available to clinicians treating dyslipidaemia in the last decade have enabled effective treatment for many patients. The development of the HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (statins) have been a major advance in that they possess multiple pharmacological effects...
- A case of probable bemiparin-induced heparin-induced thrombocytopenia type II managed with low-dose fondaparinux. Koul, A. N.; Koufakis, T.; Tsapakidis, K.; Margaritis, A.; Gabranis, I. // Journal of Postgraduate Medicine;Oct-Dec2015, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p267
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "A Case of Probable Hemiparin-Induced Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia (HIT) Type II Managed With Low-Dose Fondaparinux" published in a previous issue.
- Efficient use of bridge anticoagulation therapy. Perez, Mirza E.; Graham, Mark G.; Sivaraman, Priya // Patient Care;Oct2006, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p38
The article discusses the efficiency of using anticoagulation therapy for the treatment and prevention of thromboembolism. Warfarin has anticoagulation affects. There are several options for the periprocedural management of anticoagulation. Suggested protocols are presented for bridge therapy...
- Control and Management of Heparin Therapy in Venous Thromboembolism. Almazán, A.; Lozano, F.; Ramos, M.; Gómez-Alonso, A. // Vascular Surgery;Jan/Feb1983, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
The precise management of Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT), and its complications, is of considerable clinical importance as well as being a controversial topic. However, the standard treatment or complementary of others, as well as the one accepted as being of less risk and more effectiveness is...
- Generic Forms of Low-Molecular-Weight Heparins: Some Practical Considerations. Leong, Wendy; Hoppensteadt, Debra A. // Clinical & Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis;Oct2003, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p293
This commentary briefly reviews the controversies of therapeutic and generic interchangeability, as they apply to the antithrombotic drug class called low-molecular-weight heparin (LMWH). Recommendations are prepared for the generic LMWH approval process by various regulatory bodies.
- Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia in Patients Treated with Low-Molecular-Weight Heparin or Unfractionated Heparin. Warkentin, Theodore E.; Levine, Mark N.; Hirsh, Jack; Horsewood, Peter; Roberts, Robin S.; Gent, Michael; Kelton, John G. // New England Journal of Medicine;5/18/95, Vol. 332 Issue 20, p1330
Background: Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia, defined by the presence of heparin-dependent IgG antibodies, typically occurs five or more days after the start of heparin therapy and can be complicated by thrombotic events. The frequency of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and of heparin-dependent...