HYPERTENSION SEVERITY INDEX
- PREHYPERTENSION AND THE EMPEROR'S NEW INVISIBLE SUIT. // Health & Stress;2003, Issue 7, p1
Focuses on the disease category called prehypertension. Sodium restriction; White coat hypertension; Angiotension converting enzyme inhibitor; Suggestions on how to prevent prehypertension.
- Is JNC-7 Dï¿½jï¿½ Vu All Over Again? // Health & Stress;2003, Issue 7, p7
Comments on the documentation and promulgation of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation and Treatment of High Blood Pressure (JNC-7) guidelines in the U.S. Requirement for all Federal rules, including guidelines that affect the public, to be written and promulgated...
- Summary of the sixth report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation,... Kolasa, Kathryn M. // Journal of Nutrition Education;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p114
Presents a summary of the sixth report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure (JNC VI). Prevention and treatment of high blood pressure; Updated treatment strategies for high blood pressure; Role of specific nutrients and diet...
- Systolic Blood Pressure Elevation: It's Where the Action Is. Basile, Jan N. // Drugs & Aging;2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p287
Examines on the role of systolic blood pressure elevation in predicting people's risk in cardiovascular disease. Proportion between cardiovascular disease and blood pressure control; Focus of blood pressure research on diastolic blood pressure elevations; Benefits from the treatment of systolic...
- Hearing Hoof Beats: The Latest on the Sometimes it's PH Campaign. Brown, Lynn // Advances in Pulmonary Hypertension;Summer2013, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p102
The article reports on some of the challenges in diagnosing pulmonary hypertension (PH).
- GUEST EDITOR'S MEMO. Burger, Charles D.; Forfia, Paul R. // Advances in Pulmonary Hypertension;Summer2013, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p50
The authors comment on the challenges faced by patients with pulmonary hypertension (PH).
- Antihypertensive Prescriptions in China. Kawada, Tomoyuki // American Journal of Hypertension;May2014, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p761
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Hypertension Control in Community Health Centers Across China: Analysis of Antihypertensive Drug Treatment Patterns," by Z. Wang and colleagues.
- high blood pressure THE CAUSES, THE CURES. Sathicq, Larraine // Good Medicine (Australian Consolidated Press);Apr2003, p34
Provides information on hypertension. Its causes; Symptoms; Drug treatments for high blood pressure.
- Hypertension: Prevalence, Risks, and Effect of Therapy. Kaplan, Norman M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;May83 Part 2, Vol. 98 Issue 5, p705
Provides information on hypertension. Definition of hypertension; Assessment of risk of hypertension; Benefit of action; Risks and costs of therapy for hypertension.