HISTOPATHOGENESIS OF CALCIFIED HEMANGIOMA OF THE LIVER
- Characteristics of common solid liver lesions and recommendations for diagnostic workup. Assy, Nimer; Nasser, Gattas; Djibre, Agness; Beniashvili, Zaza; Elias, Saad; Zidan, Jamal; Pezzilli, Raffaele; Sijens, Paul E. // World Journal of Gastroenterology;7/14/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p3217
Due to the widespread clinical use of imaging modalities such as ultrasonography, computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), previously unsuspected liver masses are increasingly being found in asymptomatic patients. This review discusses the various characteristics of the most...
- Detection, classification, and characterization of focal liver lesions: Value of diffusion-weighted MR imaging, gadoxetic acid-enhanced MR imaging and the combination of both methods. Holzapfel, Konstantin; Eiber, Matthias; Fingerle, Alexander; Bruegel, Melanie; Rummeny, Ernst; Gaa, Jochen // Abdominal Imaging;Feb2012, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p74
Aim: To evaluate diffusion-weighted MR imaging (DWI), gadoxetic acid-enhanced MR imaging and the combination of both methods in the detection, classification, and characterization of focal liver lesions (FLL). Methods: A total of 119 FLL (28 HCCs, 39 metastases, 15 FNHs, 11 adenomas, 13...
- Characterization of focal liver lesions: comparative study of contrast-enhanced ultrasound versus spiral computed tomography. Catala, V.; Nicolau, C.; Vilana, R.; Pages, M.; Bianchi, L.; Sanchez, M.; Bru, C. // European Radiology;Apr2007, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p1066
The purpose of this study was to compare the diagnostic accuracy of contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) with spiral computed tomography (SCT) for the characterization of focal liver lesions (FLL) and to determine the degree of correlation between the two techniques. Seventy-seven FLL (45...
- Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of cholangiocarcinoma: consensus document. Khan, S.A.; Davidson, B.R.; Goldin, R.; Pereira, S.P.; Rosenberg, W.M.C.; Taylor-Robinson, S.D.; Thillainayagam, A.V.; Thomas, H.C.; Thursz, M.R.; Wasan, H. // Gut;Nov2002 Supplement 6, Vol. 51, p1
Provides guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of cholangiocarcinoma, a carcinoma of the liver. Risk factors; Anatomical classification; Histological classifications; Clinical features; Findings of the ultrasonography and magnetic resonance imaging; Surgical and oncological approaches to...
- TO THE EDITOR. Giannini, Edoardo G.; Trevisani, Franco; Kansagara, Devan; Papak, Joel; Jou, Janice H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;2/3/2015, Vol. 162 Issue 3, p239
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article related to surveillance for hepatocellular carcinoma which was published in the previous issue of the journal.
- Detection and characterization focal hepatic lesions with diffusion-weighted MR imaging. Sivrioglu, Ali; Ak, Mehmet; Kara, Kemal; Deveer, Mehmet // Abdominal Imaging;Oct2013, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p1182
No abstract available.
- THE TRIAD SYNDROME INHERENT TO CALCIFIED CAVERNOUS HEMANGIOMA OF THE LIVER. Plachta, Aaron // Angiology;Oct1965, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p594
An additional example of calcified cavernous hemangioma of the liver, a rare disease confined to a hypertensive woman, presenting the clinical triad composed of: (1) hypertension, (chiefly in women); (2) hepatomegaly of stony consistency, (simulating primary or metastatic cancer); (3)...
- Etiology of non-B non-C hepatocellular carcinoma in the eastern district of Tokyo. Abe, Hiroshi; Yoshizawa, Kai; Kitahara, Takuya; Aizawa, Ryoichi; Matsuoka, Mika; Aizawa, Yoshio // Journal of Gastroenterology;2008, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p967
This study was carried out to clarify the carcinogenic factors associated with nonviral hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). A total of 320 HCC patients diagnosed and treated from January 2000 to December 2006 were enrolled. The clinical characteristics of non-B non-C HCC patients were examined to...
- SCREENING FOR LIVER DISEASE AND CANCER. // Ethnicity & Disease;Summer2014, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p387
The article presents the overview of the research regarding the early detection of liver disease and cancer.