REGENERATION AFTER CERVICOTHORACIC SYMPATHECTOMY PRODUCING GUSTATORY RESPONSES
- Enlargement of the Breast -- A New Side Effect of Transaxillary Cervical Sympathectomy: Case Report. Kott, Itamar; Hauptman, Eli; Zelkovsky, Avigdor; Reiss, Raphael // Vascular Surgery;Jan/Feb1986, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p50
The phenomenon of hyperhidrosis is a pathological state caused by unknown stimulus of the sympathetic nervous system. When a variety of conservative treatments have failed, surgery which involves the removal of some ganglia of the cervical sympathetic chain, is the treatment of choice. In the...
- Long-term results of a randomized controlled trial of T2 versus T2-T3 ablation in endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy for palmar hyperhidrosis. Ong, Wilson; Lee, Alvin; Tan, Wee; Lomanto, Davide; Tan, Wee Boon // Surgical Endoscopy;Mar2016, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p1219
Background:Despite good short-term results and patient satisfaction with endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy (ETS), there has been much debate on the level of sympathectomy for treatment of palmar hyperhidrosis (PH) in terms of long-term clinical outcomes. Objective:The...
- Is Sympathectomy at T4 Level Better Than at T3 Level for Treating Palmar Hyperhidrosis? Wolosker, Nelson; Yazbek, Guilherme; Ishy, Augusto; De Campos, José Ribas M.; Kauffman, Paulo; Puech-Leão, Pedro // Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques;Feb2008, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p102
Purpose: We compared the results from a video-assisted thoracoscopic sympathectomy (VTS) at the T4 denervation level with those from a VTS at the T3 level for the treatment of palmar hyperhydrosis (PH). Methods: Seventy patients with PH were prospectively followed for VTS at the T3 or T4...
- DISCUSSION. Freischlag, Julie A. // Vascular Surgery;Sep/Oct1997, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p661
Comments on a study which examined the role of lumbar sympathectomy in patients with limb-threatening ischemia. Methodology of the study; Patients who have high rate of amputation.
- SUPRACLAVICULAR APPROACH FOR UPPER DORSAL SYMPATHECTOMY. Khanna, S. K.; Sahariah, S.; Mittal, V. K. // Vascular Surgery;Mar/Apr1975, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p151
Experience with supraclavicular approach for upper dorsal sympathectomy in 13 patients (17 sympathectomies) has been analysed. Operative technique, and the results have been discussed with a brief review of the literature.
- sympathectomize. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2254
A definition of the term "sympathectomize," which refers to the act of performing a sympathectomy, is presented.
- sympathectomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2254
An encyclopedia entry for "sympathectomy," which refers to the excision of a portion of the sympathetic division of the autonomic nervous system, is presented.
- sympathicectomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2255
An encyclopedia entry for the medical term "sympathicectomy," or sympathectomy, is presented.
- Dallas Named #4 Sweatiest City in America. // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);6/15/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p6
The article presents the rankings for the sweatiest cities in America. This is based on the amount of sweat that an average person will produce in an average summer temperature while walking around in the city for an hour. The announcement of this Annual Top 100 Sweatiest Cities List marks the...