THE SITE OF THE PRIMARY LESIONS IN ATHEROSCLEROSIS
- Influence of poloxamer 407 on fractional and subfractional composition of serum lipoproteins of mice. Korolenko, Tatyana A.; Tuzikov, Fedor V.; Johnston, Thomas P.; Tuzikova, Natalia A.; Filjushina, Elena E.; Loginova, Viktoriya M.; Savchenko, Natalia G. // Health (1949-4998);Jul2010, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p722
Using a novel small-angle X-ray scattering (SAXS) method for determination of fractional and subfractional composition of lipoproteins (LPs), a significant elevation of total cholesterol-lipoproteins (C-LP) and, especially, total triglyceridelipoproteins (TG-LP), was shown in this work. Among...
- LIPOPROTENIN(a) KAO SPONA IZMEÃU TROMBOGENEZE I ATEROGENEZE. Vučković, Biljana; Đeric, Mirjana // Medicinski Pregled / Medical Review;2007, Vol. 60 Issue 1/2, p37
Introduction It is well known that numerous mechanisms of thrombogenesis can participate in every stage of atherosclerotic disease. The discovery of Lp(a) lipoprotein and its structural similarity with plasminogen suggests another pathogenic link between atherogenesis and thrombogenesis. Some...
- Immune Response to Lipoproteins in Atherosclerosis. Samson, Sonia; Mundkur, Lakshmi; Kakkar, Vijay V. // Cholesterol;2012, p1
Atherosclerosis, the underlying cause of cardiovascular disease, is characterized by chronic inflammation and altered immune response. Cholesterol is a well-known risk factor associated with the development of cardiovascular diseases. Elevated serum cholesterol is unique because it can lead to...
- Genome-wide association studies identified novel loci for non-high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and its postprandial lipemic response. An, Ping; Straka, Robert; Pollin, Toni; Feitosa, Mary; Wojczynski, Mary; Daw, E.; O'Connell, Jeffrey; Gibson, Quince; Ryan, Kathleen; Hopkins, Paul; Tsai, Michael; Lai, Chao-Qiang; Province, Michael; Ordovas, Jose; Shuldiner, Alan; Arnett, Donna; Borecki, Ingrid // Human Genetics;Jul2014, Vol. 133 Issue 7, p919
Non-high-density lipoprotein cholesterol(NHDL) is an independent and superior predictor of CVD risk as compared to low-density lipoprotein alone. It represents a spectrum of atherogenic lipid fractions with possibly a distinct genomic signature. We performed genome-wide association studies...
- Early Mention of Geographic Pathology. // Clinical Pediatrics;Aug1968, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p469
Discusses the causes of diseases which strike men, mentioned in the "Toledot Yitzhak," by Rabbi Isaac Caro.
- metathesis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1456
A definition of the term "metathesis," which refers to forcible transference of a disease process from one part to another, is presented.
- The great cholesterol myth: unfortunate consequences of Brown and Goldstein's mistake. Eastwood, M. // QJM: An International Journal of Medicine;Feb2012, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p214
No abstract available.
- VARIATIONS IN PROTAMINE TITRATION RESULTS IN THE BLOOD OF ATHEROSCLEROTIC PATIENTS. Thomas, William A.; Olwin, John H. // Angiology;Oct1958, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p279
Below normal protamine titration results were observed in the blood of 73 per cent of 96 normotensive nonarteriosclerotic, nondiabetic atherosclerotic patients. The remaining 27 per cent gave results within the normal range. Of 44 patients with hypertension, arteriosclerosis and impending or...
- Participatory role of natural killer and natural killer T cells in atherosclerosis: lessons learned from in vivo mouse studies. Whitman, Stewart C.; Ramsamy, Tanya A. // Canadian Journal of Physiology & Pharmacology;Jan2006, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p67
Atherosclerosis is a multifactor, highly complex disease with numerous aetiologies that work synergistically to promote lesion development. One of the emerging components that drive the development of both early- and late-stage atherosclerotic lesions is the participation of both the innate and...