STABILIZATION OF ANTICOAGULANT THERAPY BY SIMULTANEOUS COUMARIN AND VITAMIN K ADMINISTRATION
- Improved persistence with non-vitamin K oral anti-coagulants compared to warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation. Simons, L.; Freedman, B.; Ortiz, M.; Colquhoun, D. // Heart, Lung & Circulation;2015 Supplement 3, Vol. 24, pS457
No abstract available.
- Recombinant factor VIIa therapy in a patient on long term anticoagulant treatment with a bleeding and acute subdural hematoma. Kovac, Nata�a; Gopcevic, Aleksandar; Kovac, Josip; Gacina, Petar; Novkoski, Mladen // Signa Vitae;Oct2007, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p25
In this paper we report on the successful correction of a coagulopathy with activated recombinant factor seven (rFVIIa) therapy which enabled surgical removal of a life threatening subdural hematoma. The severe coagulopathy developed due to long term warfarin therapy, which followed heart...
- Needs assessment analysis for vitamin K antagonist anticoagulation in the resource-constrained setting of Eldoret, Kenya. Pastakia, Sonak D.; Fohl, Alexander L.; Schellhase, Ellen M.; Manji, Imran; Ringenberg, Kathryn // Journal of the American Pharmacists Association: JAPhA;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p723
Objectives: To assess the frequency of indications for vitamin K antagonist (VKA) therapy in the inpatient and outpatient setting in Eldoret, Kenya, and to describe the strategies used for managing these conditions. Methods: All inpatient admissions during a 1.5-month period were prospectively...
- How to Eat Right When You Take Coumadin (Warfarin Sodium). // Nutrition in Clinical Care;May/Jun98, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p168
Presents guidelines to get the maximum benefit from anticoagulation medication. Rule regarding the intake of vitamin K; Identification of foods with high, medium and low in vitamin K; Lists of foods and beverages affecting the action of warfarin in the body.
- Role of CYP2C9, VKORC1 and Calumenin Genotypes in Monitoring Warfarin Therapy: An Egyptian Study. Zohir, Naguib; Afifi, Reham; Ahmed, Asmaa; Aly, Zinab; Elsobekey, Mehry; Kareem, Heba; Helmy, Rehab // Macedonian Journal of Medical Sciences;Dec2013, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p414
Background: Oral anticoagulant therapy is conditioned by environmental and genetic factors. Objectives: To verify the effect of the calumenin, cytochrome P-450 variants and VKORC1 genetic polymorphisms on the response to warfarin therapy and warfarin dose adjustment. Patients and Methods: We...
- Vitamin K deficiency amplifies anticoagulation response to ximelagatran: possible implications for direct thrombin inhibitors and their clinical safety. Kamali, Farhad; Wood, Peter; Ward, Alan // Annals of Hematology;Feb2009, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p141
Dietary vitamin K is known to influence the anticoagulation response to warfarin. It is possible that dietary vitamin K availability also influences the pharmacological activity of other oral anticoagulants, which target the vitamin-K dependent clotting proteins in the coagulation cascade. This...
- Is Vitamin K Helpful for People Who Have Taken Too Much Warfarin? // Annals of Internal Medicine;3/3/2009, Vol. 150 Issue 5, p25
The article presents questions and answers related to the study on vitamin K which is said to be helpful to people who have taken too much warfarin, including the problem regarding the drug, the result of the study and its implications.
- Vitamin K Reduces Warfarin's Anticoagulation Effect. Kirchner, Jeffrey T. // American Family Physician;4/15/1999, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p2315
Presents an abstract of the study `Prospective evaluation of anticoagulant reversal with oral vitamin K... while continuing warfarin therapy unchanged,' by T. H. Wentzien, et al., from the `Chest' dated December 1998.
- Diet and Coumadin. // Mayo Clinic Women's Health Source;Dec2005, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p10
Answers question about warfarin. Importance of keeping diet consistent when taking warfarin; Sources of vitamin K; Beverages that may influence warfarin's effects.