THE BIOMICROSCOPIC OBSERVATION OF THE EFFECT OF EXPERIMENTAL TOXIC LIVER INJURY ON THE INTRAHEPATIC BLOOD CIRCULATION
- Clinical application of hepatic CT perfusion. Liang Zhong; Wen-Jing Wang; Jian-Rong Xu; Sijens, Paul E. // World Journal of Gastroenterology;2/28/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p907
Complicated changes occur in hemodynamics of hepatic artery and vein, and portal vein under various kinds of pathologic status because of distinct double hepatic blood supply. This article reviews the clinical application of hepatic computed tomography perfusion in some liver diseases.
- Modified Culture Conditions Enhance Expression of Differentiated Phenotypic Properties of Normal Rat Cholangiocytes. Salter, Kelli D.; Roman, Richard M.; LaRusso, Nicholas R.; Fitz, J. Gregory; Doctor, R. Brian // Laboratory Investigation (00236837);Nov2000, Vol. 80 Issue 11, p1775
Lab Invest 2000, 80:1775-1778
- What's new in acute liver failure? Bernsmeier, Christine; Antoniades, Charalambos; Wendon, Julia // Intensive Care Medicine;Oct2014, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p1545
The article discusses the pathophysiology integrated in the clinical context of acute liver failure (ALF), advances and possible future therapeutic implications. Topics discussed include the symptoms of ALF as a multisystem disorder, indications of the evolution of extrahepatic disease and the...
- Managing liver failure. Kelly, D.A. // Postgraduate Medical Journal;Nov2002, Vol. 78 Issue 925, p660
Focuses on the diagnosis and management of liver failure. Clinical presentation; Neonatal acute liver failure; Hepatitis B; Neonatal hemochromatosis; Tyrosinemia type I; Mitochondrial disorders; Familial hemophagocytic syndrome; Chronic liver failure; Metabolic disorders.
- hepatoscan. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1063
An encyclopedia entry for "hepatoscan," which refers to a radioautograph of the liver, is presented.
- Impact of acute liver failure on mortality during adult ECLS. Mazzeffi, Michael; Kon, Zachary; Sanchez, Pablo; Herr, Daniel // Intensive Care Medicine;Feb2016, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p299
The article discusses a study on the impacts of liver failure on mortality of patients during adult extracorporeal life support (ECLS). It states use of ECLS in hepatic transplantation and treatment of acute liver failure (ALF), and mentions characteristics of patients developing ALF during ECLS...
- DiagnÃ³stico ecogrÃ¡fico de afecciones hepÃ¡ticas en caninos. Lockett, M. B.; Koscinczuk, P.; Rosciani, A. S.; Insfrán, R. M.; Repetto, C. J. // Revista Veterinaria;2009, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p92
Nowadays, ultrasonography is the diagnostic imaging procedure of first choice in hepatic pathology because it makes possible to assessment the organ structure, gall bladder, vessels, and liver relationship with other organs. Moreover, it makes possible to obtain samples for cytology and/or...
- Sustaining Life During Fulminant Hepatic Failure. Davidson, Charles S.; McDermott Jr., William V.; Trey, Charles // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug69, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p415
Editorial. Considers sustaining of an individual's life when his liver parenchyma is diffusely or severely damaged. Discussion on sustaining of life for many hours in the total absence of lifer; Type of hepatic coma associated with chronic liver disease.
- THE NATURAL HISTORY OF LIVER INVOLVEMENT IN PATIENTS WITH PULMONARY SARCOID. Kennedy, P.T.F.; Zakaria, N.; Andreyev, H.J.N. // Gut;Apr2003 Supplement 1, Vol. 52, pA108
Background and Aims: Sarcoidosis is a chronic multi-system disease in which the liver can be affected with or without pulmonary involvement. The severity of liver sarcoid can vary from asymptomatic biochemical changes through to liver failure. Corticosteroids may normalise liver enzymes, but may...