A HITHERTO UNDESCRIBED FINDING IN PATIENTS WITH PRIMARY VARICOSE VEINS: GENERALIZED SCANTINESS OF BODY HAIR
- Total Hepatic Angiography and Vascular Dynamics in Liver Disease. Kahn, Paul C.; Alexander, F. Knight // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1969, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p317
Based on experience with over 300 patients, we have developed a method of hepatic angiography which stresses the use of multiple, selected technics for the visualization of all portions of the hepatic vasculature. Selective and supraselective arteriography, arterial and splenic portography,...
- Abstracts, 44th Annual Convention. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep1979, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p333
Presents several abstracts of papers submitted to the American College of Gastroenterology. "Endoscopic Manometry of Biliary and Pancreatic Sphincters: Findings in Biliary and Pancreatic Disease and After Sphincter Surgery," by David L. Carr-Locke et al; "Endoscopic Manometry of Biliary and...
- Is anti-pyruvate dehydrogenase complex a predictor of the development of primary biliary cirrhosis? Toda, Gotaro // Journal of Gastroenterology;2001, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p284
Editorial. Deals with the use of anti-pyruvate dehydrogenase complex as a predictor of primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC). Information on PBC; Presence of antimitochondrial antibody in PBC; Brief information on some studies about PBC.
- The Vein. Tallman, Charlotte // Ventanas;2011, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p132
The article talks about varicose and spider veins. These vein problems are experienced by about 55 percent of women and 45 percent of men in the U.S. Factors that contribute to increased risk of varicose and spider veins include increasing age, family history, hormonal changes, and obesity....
- Cavernous Hemangioma of the Spinal Cord: A Rare Case. SULOCHANA, SONTI; SUNDARAM, MEENAKSHI // Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research;Dec2012, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p1781
Cavernous hemangiomas are composed of dilated vessels which are filled with blood. Their common sites of occurrence include the skin, liver and the superficial and the deep soft tissues. We are presenting a rare case of cavernous hemangioma of the spinal cord.
- Presentation and mortality of primary biliary cirrhosis in older patients. Newton, Julia L.; Jones, David E.; Metcalf, Jane V.; Park, Jay B.; Burt, Alistair D.; Bassendine, Margaret F.; James, Oliver F. W. // Age & Ageing;Jul2000, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p305
Focuses on a study which examined the presentation and mortality of primary biliary cirrhosis among older patients. Methodology; Results; Discussion on the study findings.
- Secretory Patterns in Minimal Pancreatic Inflammatory Pathologies. Dreiling, David A.; Bordalo, Orlando // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul1973, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p60
Presents the findings of an analysis of secretory patterns in minimal pancreatic inflammatory pathologies. Amount of secretin used in the study; Comparison of the symptoms manifested by patients with alcoholic pancreatitis and those with biliary tract associated pancreatitis; Similarities of...
- Biliary Innate Immunity in the Pathogenesis of Biliary Diseases. Harada, Kenichi; Nakanuma, Yasuni // Inflammation & Allergy - Drug Targets;Jun2010, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p83
An innate immune response to bacterial and viral components is thought to be involved in the pathogenesis of cholangiopathies in case of primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC) and biliary atresia. Biliary epithelial cells possess the Toll-like receptor (TLR) family which recognizes pathogen-associated...
- Pharmacokinetics of voriconazole during continuous venovenous haemodiafiltration. Valentin Fuhrmann; Peter Schenk; Walter Jaeger; Michaela Miksits; Nikolaus Kneidinger; Joanna Warszawska; Ulrike Holzinger; Reinhard Kitzberger; Florian Thalhammer // Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (JAC);Nov2007, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p1085
Objectives Voriconazole is a new triazole antifungal agent that is frequently used in intensive care patients with severe fungal infections. Continuous venovenous haemodiafiltration (CVVHDF) is an important extracorporal renal replacement therapy in critically ill patients suffering from severe...