HEPATIC ARTERY ANEURYSM
- VISCERAL ARTERY ANEURYSM. Janzen, Rhonda M.; Simpson, William T. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Aug2000, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p301
Describes visceral artery aneurysms, a rarely encountered medical condition, using the case of a man with the condition as an example. Complaint of the man; Medical history of the patient; Vital statistics and physical examination of the patient; Results of the laparotomy; Incidence and...
- Aneurysms pose silent stroke risk. Pratt, Timothy // South County Journal;11/23/2011, Vol. 56 Issue 47, pB2
The article presents the risk of aneurysm which may not cause any noticeable symptoms but poses a serious threat.
- Late False Aneurysm at the Factory-Sutured Junction in an Umbilical Vein Graft -- A Case Report. Vohra, R.; Leiberman, D. P. // Vascular Surgery;Mar1991, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p146
The development of a false aneurysm at the factory-sewn junction in an umbilical vein graft is reported, six years after implantation. This rare complication was successfully managed by excision and graft replacement.
- Isolated Gluteal Artery Aneurysm -- A Case Report. Plessas, S. T.; Macheras, A.; Moiseos, M.; Haralbidis, N.; Ouranos, Z. // Vascular Surgery;Mar1993, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p152
An interesting case of isolated gluteal artery aneurysm, without an obvious causative factor, is presented.
- `I can't turn my car to the left.' Oliver, Michael // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);03/07/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7133, p786
Recounts the case of a 54-year old woman diagnosed as having aneurysm. Complaint of the patient; Background information on the diagnosis.
- Third International Summit on Thoracic Aortic Endografting: Lessons From Long-term Results of Thoracic Stent-Graft Repairs. Mitchell, R. Scott; Ishimaru, Shin; Criado, Frank J.; Ehrlich, Marek P.; Ivancev, Krassi; Lachat, Mario; Malina, Martin; May, James; Orend, Karl-Heinz; Rousseau, Hervé; Williams, David M. // Journal of Endovascular Therapy (Allen Press Publishing Services;Feb2005, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p89
Presents the summary of the discussions and the consensus adopted at the Third International Summit on Thoracic Aortic Endografting held in Tokyo, Japan, on April 16 and 17, 2004. Changes in aneurysm size; Threshold for aneurysm retreatment; Reasons for aneurysm increase.
- Surgical Repair of Primary Saphenous Vein Aneursym of the Proximal Leg after Initial Presentation as an Inguinal Hernia. Majeski, James // American Surgeon;Nov2002, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p999
Primary venous aneurysms of the proximal saphenous vein are uncommon. They are most frequently seen in patients referred for evaluation and treatment of an inguinal or femoral hernia. Since 1992 five patients with a proximal saphenous venous aneurysm were referred for evaluation and treatment of...
- Transcatheter closure of a ruptured sinus Valsalva via retrograde approach. Kurşaklıoğlu, Hurkan; Barcın, Cem; Baysan, Oben; İyisoy, Atila; Celik, Turgay; Kose, Sedat // Anatolian Journal of Cardiology / Anadolu Kardiyoloji Dergisi;May2011, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p271
The article presents a case study of an 18-year-old male who was referred to the clinic for palpitation and dyspnea at exertion. The physical examination revealed that he had a grade III/VI continuous murmur at the lower sternal border. After various examination, the patient was diagnosed with...
- High incidence of sudden death late after anterior LV-aneurysm repair. Matthias Bechtel, J.F.; Tölg, Ralph; Graf, Bernhardt; Richardt, Gert; Noetzold, Axel; Kraatz, Ernst G.; Sievers, Hans-Hinrich; Bartels, Claus // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;May2004, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p807
Objectives: Sudden death due to ventricular arrhythmias occurs frequently among patients with dilated cardiomyopathy and congestive heart failure (CHF). In patients with left ventricular (LV) aneurysms, LV-aneurysm repair (LVAR) reduces LV-size and ameliorates symptoms of CHF, but the incidence...