A NEW INSTRUMENT FOR THE EXCISION OF VARICOSE VEINS
- varicotomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2438
A definition of the term "varicotomy," which refers to excision of a varicose vein, is presented.
- Erratum to: Minimally Invasive Surgery for Obscure Idiopathic Ileal Varices Diagnosed by Capsule Endoscopy and Double Balloon Endoscopy: Report of a Case. Konishi, Hirotaka; Kikuchi, Shojiro; Miyashita, Atsushi; Ichikawa, Daisuke; Fujiwara, Hitoshi; Kubota, Takeshi; Ochiai, Toshiya; Kokuba, Yukihito; Yasukawa, Satoru; Yanagisawa, Akio; Otsuji, Eigo // Surgery Today;Apr2011, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p600
A correction to the article "Minimally Invasive Surgery for Obscure Idiopathic Ileal Varices Diagnosed by Capsule Endoscopy and Double Balloon Endoscopy: Report of a Case," by Hirotaka Konishi and colleagues, published in Vol. 40 is presented.
- Surgical treatment of varicose veins. Wolf, B.; Brittenden, J. // Journal of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh;Jun2001, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p1
Explains surgical treatment for varicose veins. Conditions that require and favor a varicose vein surgery; Explanation of sapheno-femoral ligations; Procedure of stripping a long saphenous vein; Significance of marking the sapheno-popliteal vein pre-operatively with Doppler scanning.
- Veniti gets CE mark for its Vici Venous Stent. // Medical Device Daily;11/18/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 223, p1
The article reports that Veniti received approval to ConformitÃ© EuropÃ©enne (CE) mark their Vici Venous Stent, a treatment of venous obstruction, and their Veni RF Plus Ablation System, a varicose vein ablation product. Advantages of the Vici Venous Stent for iliofemoral venous obstruction...
- Nuts and Bolts Count, Too! Culp, William // CardioVascular & Interventional Radiology;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p165
The article discusses the use of stent placements in surgery. Annotation on Andrea Gruentzig's discussion on various models of failure in the balloons that he was developing; Implications of disruption of Gianturco Zz stents during the repeat dilatation for restenosis; Importance of recognizing...
- PERCUTANEOUS RENAL SURGERY. Maynes, Lincoln J.; Herrel, S. Duke // Contemporary Urology;Mar2007, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p18
The article describes contemporary percutaneous renal surgery instrumentation and techniques. Given the increasing use of image-guided technologies in surgery, the authors encourage urologists to master techniques such as tract dilation. There are several instruments that can be used for tract...
- Medical Appliances/Laboratory Equipment. // Appliance Design;May2005, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p16
Provides information on the Straightshot M4 Microdebrider surgical hand piece from Medtronic Xomed Inc. Design; Features of the surgical tool; Advantages of the tool for surgeons performing nasal sinus surgery.
- Bipolar electrosurgical foreceps. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Jun2003, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p462
Features the SILVERGlide nonstick bipolar electrosurgical forceps offered by Silverglide Surgical Technologies. Capabilities; Available styles and lengths.
- Water jets for finer surgical cuts. Sell, Christopher // Engineer (00137758);1/16/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 7691, p11
The article focuses on the development of a cutting device which utilizes powerful jets of water to replace surgical saws by a researcher at Edinburgh University in Scotland. The device, which is used in the operation of sever human bone and tissue, offers greater speed and accuracy than current...