Infectious Endocarditis Caused By Actinobacillus Actinomycetemcomitans
- Impact of harmonic imaging on transthoracic echocardiographic identification of infective endocarditis and its complications. Chirillo, F.; Pedrocco, A.; De Leo, A.; Bruni, A.; Totis, O.; Meneghetti, P.; Striloni, P. // Heart;Mar2005, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p329
Objective: To evaluate the comparative diagnostic value of harmonic imaging (HI) in the assessment of patients with suspected infective endocarditis (IE). Setting: Tertiary referral centre. Design: 139 consecutive patients were evaluated with three imaging modalities: transthoracic...
- ROLE OF PLATELET RECEPTOR POLYMORPHISMS AND CULTURE MEDIA ON STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS-INDUCED PLATELET AGGREGATION: IMPLICATIONS FOR THE PATHOGENESIS OF INFECTIVE ENDOCARDITIS. // Heart;Jul2008 Supp, Vol. 94, pA85
An abstract of the article "Role of Platelet Receptor Polymorphisms and Culture Media on Staphylococcus Aureus-Induced Platelet Aggregation: Implications for the Pathogenesis of Infective Endocarditis," by S. Daga, D. E. Newby, J. R. Fitzgerald, and colleagues is presented.
- CORRECTION. // Heart;Nov2008, Vol. 94 Issue 11, p1496
A correction to the article "The Association Between the Timing of Valve Surgery and 6-Month Mortality in Left-sided Infective Endocarditis" that was published in the November 2008 issue.
- carbon dioxide. // American Heritage Student Science Dictionary;2009, p57
A definition of the term "carbon dioxide" is presented. It refers to a colorless, odorless gas, carbon dioxide, that is present in the atmosphere and is formed when any fuel containing carbon is burned. It is breathed out of an animal's lungs during respiration, produced by the decay of organic...
- First in vitro use of the phenylphosphate carboxylase enzyme in supercritical CO2 for the selective carboxylation of phenol to 4-hydroxybenzoic acid. Dibenedetto, Angela; Lo Noce, Rosa; Pastore, Carlo; Aresta, Michele; Fragale, Carlo // Environmental Chemistry Letters;Jan2006, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p145
A new biotechnological synthetic approach to 4-hydroxybenzoic acid is reported. Thauera aromatica cells produce the phenylphosphate carboxylase enzyme that selectively carboxylates phenylphosphate in the para position, without any formation of the ortho isomer. Here we show that the enzyme also...
- Market watch. Schiermeier, Quirin // Nature;9/15/2005, Vol. 437 Issue 7057, p317
Focuses on the rise of cost of options to emit carbon dioxide in Europe. Graph on European Carbon Index; Price of an allowance at the European Energy Exchange.
- Impact of gas phase composition on gas hydrate process for carbon dioxide capturing from gaseous mixtures. Partoon, Behzad; Sabil, Khalik Mohamad; Lau Kok Keong // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 625, p557
Hydrate based technology is a promising new process for separation of Carbon dioxide from different gas mixtures. The process is claimed to be less energy intensive, green and low technology. In this article effect of composition on the efficiency of such process is discussed. CSMGem software is...
- CARBON DIOXIDE // Davis's Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests ;Jan2006, p322
Serum or plasma carbon dioxide (COSB2sb) measurement is usually done as part of an electrolyte panel. Total COSB2sb (tCOSB2sb) is an important component of the body's buffering capability, and measurements are used mainly in the evaluation of acid-base balance. It is important to understand the...
- Carbon cost must be a factor in PRO9. // Utility Week;6/29/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p8
The article reports that concerns about the carbon dioxide emissions impact of complying with the Water Framework Directive were raised by the Environment Agency at the Water 2007 conference. The agency said a robust method to measure carbon footprint and guidance was needed for the next price...