A RATIONAL TREATMENT FOR VARICOSE VEINS
- Treatment of Varicose Veins: Proximal Saphenofemoral Ligation Comparing Adjunctive Varicose... Brethauer, Stacy A.; Murray, James D.; Hatter, Douglas G.; Reeves, T. Roland; Hemp, James R.; Bergan, John J. // Vascular Surgery;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p51
Reports on the treatment of varicose veins of military patients using proximal saphenofemoral ligation combined with perforator point ligation and staged sclerotherapy at a military medical center. Comparison with a group of patients having saphenofermoral ligation, point ligation of...
- ALLERGIC AND CHEMICAL TISSUE REACTION OF CATGUT, AN AID FOR THE OBLITERATION OF VARICOSE VEINS. Orbach, Egmont J. // Angiology;Jun1955, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p212
The property of catgut to produce an allergic-chemical phlebitis is utilized for the obliteration of superficial varices. A ligation needle and technique to facilitate percutaneous subdermal catgut ligation are described. The procedure has to be considered as a subordinate and auxiliary measure...
- What treatments are effective for varicose veins? Hagen, Michael D.; Johnson, E. Diane; Adelman, Alan // Journal of Family Practice;Apr2003, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p329
This article presents various treatments for varicose veins. Therapeutic options include conservative measures, injection sclerotherapy, surgical vein ligation, laser and thermal ablation and venotonic medications. A randomized trial among 121 subjects revealed that long-term outcomes are...
- 1000 VARICOSE VEIN OPERATIONS. Kutz, Charles M. // Angiology;Jan1971, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p14
Presents thoughts on varicose vein operations. Developments in the author's search for an effective method of dealing with varicose veins and their complications; Round up of the lessons learned by the author in his review of his experiences with over one thousand cases of varicose vein...
- The varix of angular vein. Khan, S. R.; Burton, B. J. L.; Beaconsfield, M.; Rose, G. E. // Eye;Jun2004, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p645
Presents several medical cases about the varix of angular vein. Etiology of the condition; Factors that are recommended to prevent dacryocystitis and relieves epiphora; Diagnosis on the varix of angular vein.
- Clinical: Treatment of varicose veins. Galland, Robert // GP: General Practitioner;5/13/2011, p40
The article presents information related to the treatment of varicose veins. It has been stated that symptoms of varicose veins are often non-specific, but common symptoms of the disease include aching, heaviness, ankle swelling, phlebitis, pruritus and muscle cramps. It has been stated that the...
- All the essentials about varicose veins. Altizer, James W.; Pennachio, Dorothy L. // Patient Care;Jul2005, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p23
Presents information on varicose veins. Estimated percentage of people in the U.S. affected by varicose veins; Cause of varicose vein formation; Tips for using a hand-held Doppler ultrasound in the diagnosis of varicose vein disease; Treatment options for varicose veins.
- `Easy to use' long-pulse Nd:YAG laser targets selected leg veins. // Dermatology Times;Oct98, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p48
Introduces the long-pulse Nd:YAG, a laser equipment that can be used for the treatment of leg telaengiectases or varicose veins. Features; Efficacy; Indications; Side effects.
- Varicose Remedy. Lane, Nat // Natural Solutions;Sep2010, Issue 127, p8
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the benefits of hawthorns in treating viscose veins.