A NEW APPROACH TO THE MANAGEMENT OF OBLITERATIVE PERIPHERAL ARTERIAL DISEASE
- Estrogen for Younger Postmenopausal Women. Elliott, William T. // Critical Care Alert;Aug2007 Pharmacology Watch, p2
The article reports on a follow-up study from the Women's Health Initiative which suggests that estrogen therapy in younger postmenopausal women may be of benefit in preventing cardiovascular disease.
- Topics of a Wide Range: From Cancer to Ulcer Pain and Facial Wrinkles, and From Chlamydia Tests to Herbal Drug Allergy. Norsted, Hanna // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;2013, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p3
An introduction is presented which discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the efficacy of ipilimumab, pain levels associated with chronic leg ulcers and the effect of topical oestrogen treatment on facial wrinkles and skin elasticity.
- Estrogen in the Prevention of Atherosclerosis. Hodis, Howard N.; Mack, Wendy J.; Lobo, Roger A.; Shoupe, Donna; Sevanian, Alex; Mahrer, Peter R.; Selzer, Robert H.; Chao-ran Liu; Azen, Stanley P.; Chi-hua Liu // Annals of Internal Medicine;12/4/2001, Vol. 135 Issue 11, p939
Examines the effects of unopposed estrogen replacement therapy on the progression of subclinical atherosclerosis in healthy postmenopausal women without preexisting cardiovascular disease. Intima-media thickness of right common carotid artery; Rate of progression of subclinical atherosclerosis;...
- The Role of Estrogen and Estrogen-Related Drugs in Cardiovascular Diseases. Ogita, Hisakazu; Node, Koichi; Kitakaze, Masafumi // Current Drug Metabolism;Dec2003, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p497
The cardiovascular effects of estrogen have recently become a focus of basic and clinical cardiovascular medicine because of the multiplicity of its beneficial effects. Various basic and clinical studies have revealed that estrogen has potent cardiovascular effects against ischemic or...
- Plant-Derived Estrogens--Safer Than Premarin? // HealthFacts;Sep99, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p1
Focuses on the effectivity of Cenestin, an estrogen product synthesized from plant sources and manufactured by Duramed Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Postmenopausal Hormone Theraphy: When and How Should Progestins be Taken? // HealthFacts;Sep99, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p3
Discusses the safety and efficacy of combining progestin with estrogen in preventing the risk for endometrial cancer among women under estrogen therapy.
- Tamoxifen shown to prevent breast cancer but with caveats. Portyansky, Elena // Drug Topics;5/4/98, Vol. 142 Issue 9, p23
Reports on the findings of a study on the use of antiestrogen tamoxifen to prevent breast cancer in women. Method used during this national breast cancer study; Comments made by Leslie Ford, M.D., associate director, Early Detection and Community Oncology Program, National Cancer Institute;...
- Inclusiveness. // Pharmaceutical Executive;Oct97, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p122
Reports that adding small amounts of androgen to estrogen replacement therapy can relieve some of the possible effects of menopause, according to a research presented at the 15th World Congress of Gynecology and Obstetrics in Copenhagen, Denmark. Suggestion that the addition of androgen can...
- HOW TO KEEP ESTROGEN IN CHECK. Cruite, Sheree // Heart & Soul;Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p51
Focuses on ways to keep estrogen levels in the body in control. Chemical beneficial for controlling estrogen levels; Vegetables that contains the chemical; Functions of the chemical in the body; Unsuitability of the chemical for pregnant women.