A DOUBLE BLIND EVALUATION OF THE ANTIHYPERTENSIVE EFFECT OF RESERPINE, PHENOBARBITAL, HYDRALAZINE, SYROSINGOPINE, AND PLACEBO IN AMBULATORY SUBJECTS
- TREATMENT OF HYPERTENSION WITH RESERPINE (SERPASIL) ALONE AND IN COMBINATION WITH HYDRALAZINE (APRESOLINE). Stuppy, Laurence J.; Tober, Jerome N. // Angiology;Jun1955, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p253
Studies the effects of reserpine (Serpasil) alone and in combination with hydralazine (Apresoline) on hypertensive patients. Treatment of patients for varying periods up to a maximum of 12 months; Efficacy of reserpine in slowing the pulse rate when tachycardia accompanied hypertension; Ability...
- Pregnancy risk with obesity. // Pulse;5/21/2008, Vol. 68 Issue 18, p10
The article reports on the findings from European and U.S. researchers concerning the administration of antihypertensives. It is stated that half of patients stop taking them within a year and on any given day, patients miss around 10% of scheduled doses. Data show that around 40% missed a...
- Review: low dose diuretics are the best first line antihypertensive treatment. Davidson, Richard A. // Evidence Based Medicine;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p12
The article focuses on the role of low dose diuretics in treating patients with hypertension. Researchers found that low dose diuretics reduced the risk of hypertension more than placebo, and were similar in effectiveness to or more effective than other antihypertensive agents for all outcomes....
- ESSENTIAL DRUGS FOR MANAGING COMPLICATIONS IN PREGNANCY AND CHILDBIRTH. // Managing Complications in Childbirth & Pregnancy;2003, pA1
A list of important drugs used to manage the complications in pregnancy and chilbirth is presented. Among the essential drugs listed are antibiotic amoxicillin, steroid betamethasone, adrenaline that is used in emergencies, anticonvulsant diazepam, antihypertensive hydralazine, and oxytocic...
- WHAT TO WATCH OUT FOR WITH guanethidine and reserpine. Kirschenbaum, Harold L.; Rosenberg, Jack M. // RN;Feb84, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p31
Provides information on antihypertensive agents, guanethidine and reserpine. Interactions and reactions of antihypertensive agents with other drugs; Side effects; Laboratory tests made for the drugs.
- CLINICAL EVALUATION OF HYDRALAZINE (APRESOLINE) ALONE AND IN COMBINATION WITH VERILOID IN THE TREATMENT OF HYPERTENSION. Kert, Morley J.; Rosenfeld, Sam; Mailman, Richard H.; Westergart, John P.; Carleton, Henry G.; Hiscock, Elva // Angiology;Aug1954, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p318
Evaluates the efficacy of hydralazine alone and in combination with veriloid in the treatment of hypertension. Confirmation on the hypotensive effect of the drug; Increase in cardiac output and tachycardia; Improvement of diastolic pressure according to the severity of the hypertension.
- The influence of placebo awareness on stimulant drug response in a double-blind trial. Nash, Justin M.; Holroyd, Kenneth A.; Rokicki, Lori A.; Kvaal, Steven; Penzien, Donald B. // Psychopharmacology;2002, Vol. 161 Issue 3, p213
Presents information on a study which determined whether drug administration instructions informing subjects of a placebo condition affect the drug response and affect the saliva concentration of the stimulant. Methodology; Results and discussion; Conclusions.
- Brush Up On This OASIS Item Before It Costs You. // Eli's Home Care Week;9/26/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p224
The article discusses new guidance in scoring a patient's ambulation abilities under the outcome assessment information set (OASIS) item M1860 diagnostic code or the ambulation/locomotion. It states that M1860 does not include transfer, thus, patients can be scored under OASIS item on their...
- European Surveillance of Antimicrobial Consumption (ESAC): outpatient parenteral antibiotic treatment in Europe. Coenen, Samuel; Muller, Arno; Adriaenssens, Niels; Vankerckhoven, Vanessa; Hendrickx, Erik; Goossens, Herman // Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (JAC);Jul2009, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p200
Objectives To assess the proportion of parenteral treatment of the total outpatient antibiotic use in Europe, and to identify the antibiotic groups and individual antibiotics most commonly administered in this way. Methods Within the European Surveillance of Antimicrobial Consumption (ESAC;...