AN AMINE OXIDASE INHIBITOR IN ANGINA
- USE OF A PETN-ATARACTIC COMBINATION (CARTRAXï¿½) IN CORONARY HEART DISEASE AND ANGINA PECTORIS. Clark, Thomas E.; Jochem, G. G. // Angiology;Aug1960, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p361
1. The combination product of PETN-hydroxyzinc is a very useful drug in the treatment of the patient with arteriosclerotic heart disease and angina pectoris especially when the patient exhibits emotional instability, anxiety, fear, excitement, emotional outburst, emotional drive, and tension as...
- Unstable Angina: Guidelines for Therapy Based on the Last Decade of Clinical Observations. Brown, B. Greg; Dodge, Harold T. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec82, Vol. 97 Issue 6, p921
Editorial. Examines guidelines for unstable angina pectoris therapy. Features of the disease; Information on the response of patients with unstable angina to intensive medical therapy; Details on the use of coronary arteriography for the treatment of patients with unstable angina.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system. Short, David // British Medical Journal;7/10/1976, Vol. 2 Issue 6027, p98
Focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of angina pectoris. General principles in developing a treatment for the disease; Assessment of the drugs used in the treatment of angina; Development of the unstable angina.
- Application of BY-2 cell model in evaluating an effect of newly prepared potential calcium channel blockers. Bobal, Pavel; Otevrel, Jan; Poborilova, Zuzana; Vaverkova, Veronika; Csollei, Jozef; Babula, Petr // Pakistan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences;Jul2015, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p1281
Calcium channel blockers represent a group of therapeutically important compounds that have found an application in treatment of systemic vascular resistance and arterial pressure, eventually angina pectoris. We studied possibility of application of a BY-2 cell model to evaluate the potential of...
- Assessment of dermal glyceryl trinitrate and isosorbide dinitrate for patients with angina pectoris. Hubner, Peter J.B.; Jones, Peter R.M.; Galer, Ian A.R. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);2/16/1985, Vol. 290 Issue 6467, p514
Assesses the effectivity of dermal glyceryl trinitrate and isosorbide dinitrate for patients with angina pectoris in Great Britain. Use of dermal nitrate in the treatment of angina; Side effects of the glyceryl trinitrate treatment; Comparison between dermal nitrate preparations and oral...
- Try subcutaneous heparin for patients with unstable angina. // Modern Medicine;Oct95, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p40
Presents an abstract of the article `Randomised Comparison of Subcutaneous Heparin, Intravenous Heparin, and Aspirin in Unstable Angina,' by G.G. Neri Serneri, P.A. Modesti, G.F. Gensini, et al from `The Lancet' dated May 13, 1995.
- Heart-rate variability predicts which angina patients will benefit from beta blockers. // Modern Medicine;Jan96, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p62
Presents an abstract of the article `Usefulness of Heart Rate Variability in Predicting Drug Efficacy (Metaprolol vs. Diltiazem) in Patients With Stable Angina Pectoris,' by J. Brouwer, J.W. Viersma et al published in the October 1995 issue of the `American Journal of Cardiology.'
- Nitroglycerin Topical. // AHFS Consumer Medication Information;Oct2016, p1
Nitroglycerin ointment is used to prevent episodes of angina (chest pain) in people who have coronary artery disease (narrowing of the blood vessels that supply blood to the heart). Nitroglycerin ointment can only be used to prevent attacks of angina; it cannot be used to treat an attack of...
- Factors Influencing Efficacy of Nitrate Therapy for Stable Angina Pectoris: A Multiple Linear Regression Analysis. Jansen, Rutger; Niemeyer, Menco G.; Cleophas, Ton J.; Zwinderman,, Aeilko H.; D, Math // Angiology;Dec2000, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p1007
Determines the factors that contribute to the effect of isosorbide mononitrate for patients with angina pectoris. Benefit of slow release formulation on antianginal effect and quality of life; Influence of the New York Heart Association classification, obesity, smoking, hypercholesterolemia and...