INTERRELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN VASCULAR AND ORTHOPEDIC DISORDERS
- Long-Term Follow-up of Pediatric Orthopaedic Conditions. Weinstein, Stuart L. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Jul2000, Vol. 82-A Issue 7, p980
The treatment of any medical condition is an attempt to alter the natural history of that condition. If treatment is to be offered, it must alter the natural history in a positive way. The focus of our research efforts over the years has been twofold: first, to examine the natural history of...
- Pediatric Orthopedic Deformities: Basic Science, Diagnosis, and Treatment (Book). Eilert, Robert E. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Oct2003, Vol. 85-A Issue 10, p2067
Reviews the book "Pediatric Orthopedic Deformities: Basic Science, Diagnosis, and Treatment," by Frederic Shapiro.
- Reference data for 4- and 5-year-old-children on the Balance Master: values and clinical feasibility. Cambier, Dirk; Cools, Ann; Danneels, Lieven; Witvrouw, Erik // European Journal of Pediatrics;2001, Vol. 160 Issue 5, p317
Presents information on a study that examined the merits of the Balance Master device in pediatric medicine. Discussion on postural control; Information on three tests that were performed by the participating children; Results.
- Normal variants in orthopaedics. Cutts, Steven; Edwards, Alison // GP: General Practitioner;7/8/2002, p45
Discusses orthopaedic abnormalities in children. Details about in-toeing and its causes in children; Information about bow legs and knock-knees in babies; Physiological and pathological aspects of flat feet in children.
- Evaluation of Pediatric Foot Problems: Part II. The Hind Foot and the Ankle. Manusov, Eron G.; Lillegard, Wade A. // American Family Physician;9/1/1996, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p1012
Discusses the clinical assessment of hindfoot and ankle problems in children. Flexible flatfoot; Symptomatic semirigid flatfoot; Rigid flatfoot or tarsal coalition; Plantar fascitis; Calcaneal apophysitis (Sever's disease); Retrocalcaneal bursitis (Haglund's disease); Midfoot (Lisfranc) joint...
- MINOR ORTHOPAEDIC PROBLEMS IN CHILDREN. Fixsen, J.A.; Valman, H.B. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);9/12/1981, Vol. 283 Issue 6293, p715
Examines the occurrence of orthopedic problems in children. Characterization of metatarsus varus; Description of physiologic bowing of the tibia; Identification of the forms of flat feet.
- Create your own adventure at IPOS 2011. Stanley, Myria A. // AAOS Now;Nov2011, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p50
The article offers information on the 8th International Pediatric Orthopaedic Symposium (IPOS) to be held at the World Dolphin Resort in Orlando, Florida on December 7-10, 2011.
- IPOS 2010: A hands-on experience. Barrera, Bronwyn // AAOS Now;Oct2010, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p57
The article offers information on the International Pediatric Orthopaedic Symposium (IPOS) to be held at the Walt Disney World Swan Resort in Orlando, Florida from December 1-4, 2010.
- Reference Accuracy In Peer-Reviewed Pediatric Orthopaedic Literature. Barnes, Michael R. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;11/3/2010, Vol. 92-A Issue 15, p2620
A letter to the editor and a reply are presented in response to the article "Reference Accuracy in Peer-Reviewed Pediatric Orthopaedic Pediatric Orthopaedic Literature."