Influence of the Menstrual Cycle on Raynaud's Phenomenon and on Cold Tolerance in Normal Women
- The Menstrual Cycle and Raynaud's Phenomenon. Greenstein, D.; Jeffcote, N.; Ilsley, D.; Kester, R. C. // Angiology;May1996, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p427
Fluctuations in female sex hormones may be responsible for the high prevalence of Raynaud's phenomenon (RP) observed in premenopausal women. These hormones are known to act on central and peripheral thermoreceptors. In an attempt to establish whether cold sensitivity is altered during the...
- My Story: Tracking Peak Horniness. // Wired;Mar2015, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p88
Reviews are offered for the Period Tracker Lite, which tracks one's period and various symptoms and moods throughout the month, and the Glow app, which tracks sex statistics for conception-focused couples.
- Changes in cervical neutrophil elastase levels during the menstrual cycle. Tawara, Fumiko; Tamura, Naoaki; Suganuma, Nobuhiko; Kanayama, Naohiro // Reproductive Medicine & Biology;Jan2012, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p65
Purpose: Cervical mucus plays an important role in host defense mechanisms and is involved in the ascendance of sperm. To determine the change of neutrophil mediators contained in cervical mucus, we measured total neutrophil elastase (NE) levels throughout the menstrual cycle. Methods: Cervical...
- YOUR PERIOD â€¦ sorted. // Dolly;Oct2011, Issue 490, p86
The article explains the science behind menstrual cycle. According to doctor Melissa Kang, the uterus is shedding its lining during the first five days of the period. It notes that women can sometimes experience cramping pains, nausea and dizziness due to the release of some hormones. During...
- ALL ABOUT PERIODS. GRANT, BREE // Dolly;Nov/Dec2016, Issue 546, p110
The article offers information about menstruation also known as period in women. Period is when the egg that was released from fallopian tubes is unfertilised by sperm, so body needs to get rid of it and the lining in the form of uterus blood, cells and mucus. The heaviness of period changes,...
- Cardiovascular response to short-term fasting in menstrual phases in young women: an observational study. Kumiko Ohara; Yoshimitsu Okita; Katsuyasu Kouda; Tomoki Mase; Chiemi Miyawaki; Harunobu Nakamura // BMC Women's Health;Aug2015, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
Background: Menstrual cycle-related symptoms are an important health issue for many women, and some may affect cardiac autonomic regulation. In the present study, we evaluated the cardiovascular and physiological stress response to 12-h short-term fasting in the menstrual phases of healthy young...
- premenstrual. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p1762
A definition of the term "premenstrual" is presented. It refers to the time before menstruation.
- A Quantitative Test for Measuring Reactivity to Cold by the Digital Plethysmograph Technique: Application to 66 control subjects and 65 patients with Raynaud's phenomenon. Planchon, B.; de Faucal, Ph.; Essboui, S.; Grolleau, J. Y. // Angiology;Jun1986, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p433
The authors have developed a vascular reactivity test to cold using the digital plethvsmograph technique with a mercury strain gauge. Three types of arterial reactivity were determined: local reactivity after immersion of the hand in 11Â°C water, general reactivity after thorax ventilation,...
- COSMO GYNO. Grumman, Rachel // Cosmopolitan;Mar2004, Vol. 236 Issue 3, p238
Highlights the private physiological changes and endocrine gynecology in woman.