AN APPROACH TO THE THERAPY OF CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE
- Imdur. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p410
An encyclopedia entry for Imdur, a brand name for a slow-release preparation of isosorbide mononitrate, is presented. The drug isosorbide mononitrate is used in treating angina pectoris, a chest pain caused by inadequate blood supply to the heart.
- Late Stent Thrombosis Associated with Heavy Exercise. Simsek, Ziya; Arslan, Sakir; Gundogdu, Fuat // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2009, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p154
Bare-metal stents are commonly used in the treatment of coronary artery disease. Stent thrombosis usually occurs within the first 48 hours after stent deployment. After a week, the incidence of thrombosis is low. Late stent thrombosis (after 30 days) is rarely seen; however, its clinical...
- Effect of trimetazidine on heart rate variability in elderly patients with acute coronary syndrome. Jing Zhang; Shenghu He; Xuefei Wang; Daxin Wang // Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p75
Background and Objective: Trimetazidine has mainly been used in coronary insufficiency, angina and elderly myocardial infarction. However, the effect of trimetazidine on the efficacy, heart rate variability (HRV) and protection of myocardial ischemia in elderly patients with acute coronary...
- INFLUENCE OF INCREASING CONCENTRATIONS OF MAGNESIUM STEARATE AND TALCUM ON DISSOLUTION PROFILE AND PHYSICAL PARAMETERS OF METOPROLOL TARTRATE EXTENDED RELEASE MATRIX TABLETS. Yaseen, Muhammad; Shaikh, Dilnawaz; Yaqoob, Muhammad // International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research;Mar2014, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p956
Metoprolol tartrate (MT) is cardio-selective Î²1 receptor antagonist used primarily in the management of chronic heart diseases like in the management of hypertension, angina pectoris, cardiac arrhythmias, myocardial infarction and heart failure. It is only available as prescription drug. The...
- Q: Is dipyridamole making a comeback? Castellanos, Julie T.; Nathan, Joseph P. // Drug Topics;11/1/99, Vol. 143 Issue 21, p58
Questions the effectiveness of using dipyridamole in treating angina pectoris. Why controlled clinical studies questions the drug's efficacy; Effectiveness of using dipyridamole in combination with aspirin; Precise mechanism of action of dipyridamole.
- A Review and Update on the Management of Stable Ischemic Heart Disease. YOO, TINA; YOO, EDWARD // California Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p177
No abstract available.
- Preinfarction Angina as a Predictor of More Rapid Coronary Thrombolysis in Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction. Andreotti, Felicita; Pasceri, Vincenzo; Hackett, David R.; Davies, Graham J.; Haider, Agha W.; Maseri, Attilio // New England Journal of Medicine;1/4/96, Vol. 334 Issue 1, p7
Background: When a myocardial infarction is preceded by angina, the infarct tends to be smaller than when there is no preinfarction angina. Prompt recanalization of the occluded infarct-related artery is crucial in limiting the size of the infarct. We prospectively studied the relation among...
- Protective effect of an acute oral loading dose of trimetazidine on myocardial injury following percutaneous coronary intervention. Bonello, Laurent; Sbragia, Pascal; Amabile, Nicolas; Com, Olivier; Pierre, Sandrine V.; Levy, Samuel; Paganelli, Franck // Heart;Jun2007, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p703
Objective: To evaluate the effect of pre-procedural acute oral administration of trimetazidine (TMZ) on percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)-induced myocardial injury. Design: Single-centre, prospective, randomised evaluation study. Setting: Patients with stable angina pectoris and...
- Early Invasive Therapy or Conservative Management for Unstable Angina or NSTEMI? Hitzeman, Nathan // American Family Physician;1/1/2007, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p47
The article discusses the effectiveness of early invasive treatment of patients with unstable angina (UA) or non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI) compared with conservative management. A brief description of the clinical scenario is presented. Compared with conservative...