AN APPROACH TO THE THERAPY OF CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE
- Imdur. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p410
An encyclopedia entry for Imdur, a brand name for a slow-release preparation of isosorbide mononitrate, is presented. The drug isosorbide mononitrate is used in treating angina pectoris, a chest pain caused by inadequate blood supply to the heart.
- Late Stent Thrombosis Associated with Heavy Exercise. Simsek, Ziya; Arslan, Sakir; Gundogdu, Fuat // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2009, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p154
Bare-metal stents are commonly used in the treatment of coronary artery disease. Stent thrombosis usually occurs within the first 48 hours after stent deployment. After a week, the incidence of thrombosis is low. Late stent thrombosis (after 30 days) is rarely seen; however, its clinical...
- Effect of trimetazidine on heart rate variability in elderly patients with acute coronary syndrome. Jing Zhang; Shenghu He; Xuefei Wang; Daxin Wang // Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p75
Background and Objective: Trimetazidine has mainly been used in coronary insufficiency, angina and elderly myocardial infarction. However, the effect of trimetazidine on the efficacy, heart rate variability (HRV) and protection of myocardial ischemia in elderly patients with acute coronary...
- INFLUENCE OF INCREASING CONCENTRATIONS OF MAGNESIUM STEARATE AND TALCUM ON DISSOLUTION PROFILE AND PHYSICAL PARAMETERS OF METOPROLOL TARTRATE EXTENDED RELEASE MATRIX TABLETS. Yaseen, Muhammad; Shaikh, Dilnawaz; Yaqoob, Muhammad // International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research;Mar2014, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p956
Metoprolol tartrate (MT) is cardio-selective Î²1 receptor antagonist used primarily in the management of chronic heart diseases like in the management of hypertension, angina pectoris, cardiac arrhythmias, myocardial infarction and heart failure. It is only available as prescription drug. The...
- Q: Is dipyridamole making a comeback? Castellanos, Julie T.; Nathan, Joseph P. // Drug Topics;11/1/99, Vol. 143 Issue 21, p58
Questions the effectiveness of using dipyridamole in treating angina pectoris. Why controlled clinical studies questions the drug's efficacy; Effectiveness of using dipyridamole in combination with aspirin; Precise mechanism of action of dipyridamole.
- A Review and Update on the Management of Stable Ischemic Heart Disease. YOO, TINA; YOO, EDWARD // California Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p177
No abstract available.
- Preinfarction Angina as a Predictor of More Rapid Coronary Thrombolysis in Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction. Andreotti, Felicita; Pasceri, Vincenzo; Hackett, David R.; Davies, Graham J.; Haider, Agha W.; Maseri, Attilio // New England Journal of Medicine;1/4/96, Vol. 334 Issue 1, p7
Background: When a myocardial infarction is preceded by angina, the infarct tends to be smaller than when there is no preinfarction angina. Prompt recanalization of the occluded infarct-related artery is crucial in limiting the size of the infarct. We prospectively studied the relation among...
- Review of Acute Coronary Syndromes: Diagnosis and Management of Unstable Angina And Non ST-elevation Myocardial Infarction. Rajpurohit, Naveen; Ayaz, Syed Z.; Yee, Jimmy; Khan, Muhammad A.; Stys, Adam // South Dakota Medicine;Feb2015, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p71
Coronary artery disease (CAD) is the leading cause of death in the U.S. Acute coronary syndrome (ACS), in specific, unstable angina (UA) and a non ST-elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI) are life threatening conditions that need prompt diagnosis and treatment. This is the second part of a...
- Acute Myocardial Infarction and Atherosclerosis of the Coronary Arteries in Patients Treated with Drugs Against Osteoporosis: Calcium in the Vessels and not the Bones? Vestergaard, Peter // Calcified Tissue International;Jan2012, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p22
We studied the association between bisphosphonate use and risk of acute myocardial infarction (AMI) or atherosclerosis of the coronary vessels using a nationwide retrospective cohort from Denmark. All users of bisphosphonates and other drugs against osteoporosis between 1996 and 2006 ( n =...