Bevantolol Hydrochloride -- Preclinical Pharmacologic Profile
- NICE signals significant changes in BP guidance. // Pulse;11/5/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 43, p4
Reports on the study which found that the ASCOT trial is likely to have a significant impact on new NICE and British Hypertension Society guidelines for hypertension in Great Britain. Confirmation of the need for a wider evaluation of hypertension guidance; Improvement of the first-line therapy;...
- Genetics and cardiovascular risk. Day, Ian N M; Wilson, David I // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/15/2001, Vol. 323 Issue 7326, p1409
Presents a review that describes genes that are known to have an important impact on the development of cardiovascular disease and discusses how their identification may improve risk management. Variations of genes and how they affect blood cholesterol concentrations; Way that genetics and...
- making sense of the new blood pressure guidelines. Martin, Adam // Health (Time Inc. Health);Sep2003, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p65
Looks at the changes made to the federal guidelines on prehypertensive people in the U.S. People who are considered prehypertensive; Reason for the changes in the guidelines; Advice for prehypertensive people.
- A nationwide population screening program for diabetes in Brazil. Nucci, Luciana B.; Toscano, Cristiana M.; Maia, Ana Lourdes M.; Fonseca, Cláudio D.; Britto, Maria Moema B.; Duncan, Bruce B.; Schmidt, Maria Inês // Revista Panamericana de Salud Publica;Nov2004, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p320
Objectives. In 2001, persons throughout Brazil who were 40 years old or older were invited to participate in community screening for diabetes as part of the Brazilian Ministry of Health's Plan for the Reorganization of Care for Arterial Hypertension and Diabetes Mellitus. This report describes...
- Journal watch. // Pulse;11/1/2004, Vol. 64 Issue 43, p14
Presents several abstracts of the "Journal of Human Hypertension 2004." Control of hypertension in high risk patients; Connection of traffic exposure and heart attacks; Understanding of diabetes information by diabetics.
- Enoxaparin sodium. // Reactions Weekly;12/1/2007, Issue 1180, p14
The article describes the case of a 55-year-old patient who developed skin and mucosal ulcers that were associated with heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and thrombosis syndrome. The patient, who had a history of grade IV peripheral arterial occlusive disorders, had received perioperative...
- Rapid Reduction of Severe Asymptomatic Hypertension: A Prospective, Controlled Trial. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;2/23/90, Vol. 263 Issue 8, p1078
Discusses the abstract of a research study concerning the rapid reduction of severe asymptomatic hypertension, conducted by Kathleen R. Zeller and colleagues.
- Training for skeletal muscle capillarization: a Janus-faced role of exercise intensity? Gliemann, Lasse // European Journal of Applied Physiology;Aug2016, Vol. 116 Issue 8, p1443
An introduction is presented which discusses various reports published within the issue on topics including exercise pulmonary hypertension, blood circulation disorders and cardiovascular diseases.
- Morphological assessment of the cerebroprotective action of lanthanum acetate in chronic cerebral ischemia in rats. S. Gulyaev; I. Ubasheev; N. Kozhevnikova // Neuroscience & Behavioral Physiology;Sep2008, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p747
AbstractÃ‚Â Ã‚Â The aim of the present work was to perform a morphological assessment of the cerebroprotective action of lanthanum acetate in chronic cerebral ischemia in rats. Chronic ischemia was produced in Wistar rats (weighing 160Ã¢Â€Â“180 g) by ligation of both common...