Overhead implementation alternatives
- Multilayer restoration and service provisioning demonstrated in IST ONE trial. // Optical Networks/WDM;Jul2012, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p2
The article reports on the results of the demonstration of a multilayer restoration and service provisioning in IST ONE trial. It notes that the demonstration, which was done by ADVA Optical Networking Inc. and its collaborators, reveals significant opex and capex savings through close...
- Fujitsu expands 100G optical service in the UK. // Optical Networks/WDM;Jul2012, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the expansion of Fujitsu America Inc.'s 100 Gigabit high-speed fiber-optic network in Great Britain. It notes that the expansion, which adds 2,500 kilometers of dark fiber, enables 100-Gigabit per second (Gbps) data across the company's managed wavelength service (MWS). It...
- Fibrecomm enhances capacity and flexibility of Malaysian network with Ciena 40G deployment. // Optical Networks/WDM;Mar2012, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on Fibrecomm Network's application of advanced optical technologies from Ciena Corp. for the expansion of its network infrastructure in Malaysia. These involve 40 Gigabit Ethernet, Optical Transport Network (OTN) switching and reconfigurable optical add-drop multiplexer...
- Absorption spectra and electronic structure of PrBa2Cu3Oy. Kakinuma, K.; Fueki, K.; Takahashi, H.; Pittini, R.; Sata, N.; Ishigame, M.; Ikezawa, M. // Journal of Applied Physics;4/15/1998, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p4436
Provides information on an experimental study of measurements of the optical transmission from high oriented PrBa2Cu3Oy films for oxygen contents between y = 6.3 and 6.9 at room temperature in the range from 0.2 to 3.5 eV. Methodology used to conduct the experiment; Information on the optical...
- Electrical and optical properties of dense composites. Doyle, William T. // Journal of Applied Physics;2/15/1999, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p2323
Provides information on a study which presented a unified derivation of general effective cluster models applicable to suspensions of particles with arbitrary complex dielectric constants. Calculation of the wavelength dependent optical transmissions; Effective cluster models for dielectric...
- Observation of resonant optical-phonon assisted tunneling in asymmetric double quantum wells. Ozaki, Shunji; Feng, Jie Ming; Park, Jae Hyun; Osako, Shin-ichi; Kubo, Hitoshi; Morifuji, Masato; Mori, Nobuya; Hamaguchi, Chihiro // Journal of Applied Physics;1/15/1998, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p962
Focuses on the observation of resonant optical-phonon assisted tunneling in asymmetric double quantum wells. Information on the use of asymmetric double quantum wells for investigating the electron tunneling; Discussion on the Pl intensity ratio between the narrow and wide quantum wells;...
- Erratum: 'Enhanced directional optical transmission' [Appl. Phys. Lett. 93, 043114 (2008)]. Dobrzynski, L.; Akjouj, A. // Applied Physics Letters;10/1/2012, Vol. 101 Issue 14, p149901
A correction to the article "Enhanced directional optical transmission" that was published in the 2008 issue is presented.
- An interferometric device to measure the mechanical transfer function of the VIRGO mirrors suspensions Calloni, E.; Di Fiore, L.; Grado, A.; Milano, L. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Apr98, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p1882
Presents an interferometric device for measuring the mechanical transfer function of the VIRGO mirror suspensions. Operational principle; Design of servoloops for automating alignment and locking of gravitational wave detectors; Features of the device.
- Light scattering by liquid crystals in columnar micropores. Saito, M.; Nakamura, S.; Miyagi, M. // Journal of Applied Physics;5/1/1994, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p4744
Provides information on a study which examined the optical transmittances of anodic alumina films which contain nematic liquid crystals in columnar pores. Methods; Results; Conclusion.