Non Invasive Study of Carotid Arteries by Echo-Doppler and Metabolic Abnormalities in Patients With Dementia
- Computed tomography in the investigation of dementia. Bradshaw, J.R.; Thomson, J.L.G.; Campbell, M.J. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/22/1983, Vol. 286 Issue 6361, p277
Assesses the value of computed tomography in investigating patients with dementia. Consideration of Alzheimer's disease as the most frequent cause of dementia; Factors contributing to the development of dementia; Definition of multi-infarct dementia.
- Plaque-like structures and arteriosclerotic changes in "diffuse neurofibrillary tangles with calcification" (DNTC). Terada, S.; Ishizu, H.; Tanabe, Y.; Takehisa, Y.; Haraguchi, T.; Hamaya, K.; Nose, S.; Sudo, K.; Kuroda, S. // Acta Neuropathologica;Dec2001, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p597
"Diffuse neurofibrillary tangles with calcification "(DNTC) is a rare form of slowly progressive dementia characterized by temporal or fronto-temporal atrophy with neuronal loss and astrocytosis, neurofibrillary tangles and Fahr-type calcification, but no senile plaques in the cerebral cortex....
- Survival of Outpatients with Alzheimer-type Dementia. Walsh, John S.; Welch, H. GIlbert; Larson, Eric B. // Annals of Internal Medicine;9/15/90, Vol. 113 Issue 6, p429
Presents a study that examined survival and analyzed factors possibly associated with survival in patients with Alzheimer-type dementia. Background on Alzheimer-type dementia; Medical profile of the patients used; Complexity of the relation between age and survival; Factors found which do not...
- Pathological correlates of frontotemporal lobar degeneration in the elderly. Baborie, Atik; Griffiths, Timothy; Jaros, Evelyn; McKeith, Ian; Burn, David; Richardson, Anna; Ferrari, Raffaele; Moreno, Jorge; Momeni, Parastoo; Duplessis, Daniel; Pal, Piyali; Rollinson, Sara; Pickering-Brown, Stuart; Thompson, Jennifer; Neary, David; Snowden, Julie; Perry, Robert; Mann, David // Acta Neuropathologica;Mar2011, Vol. 121 Issue 3, p365
Frontotemporal lobar degeneration (FTLD) is generally recognised as a disorder with presenile onset (that is before 65 years of age) with only occasional cases presenting later than this. We set out to determine what proportion of cases of FTLD had late onset of disease and whether such cases of...
- Diagnostic accuracy of 123I-FP-CIT SPECT in possible dementia with Lewy bodies. O'Brien, John T.; McKeith, Ian G.; Walker, Zuzana; Tatsch, Klaus; Booij, Jan; Darcourt, Jacques; Marquaerdt, Moritz; Reininger, Cornelia // British Journal of Psychiatry;Jan2009, Vol. 194 Issue 1, p34
Background 123I-FP-CIT SPECT (single photon emission computed tomography) can help in the differential diagnosis of probable dementia with Lewy bodies (Lewy body dementia) and Alzheimer's disease. Aims Our aim was to determine the accuracy of 123I-FP-CIT SPECT in diagnosing people with possible...
- Alzheimers support group to meet. // Graham Leader;5/13/2012, Vol. 136 Issue 78, p5B
The article presents information on a new family support group opened in Wichita Falls, Texas by the Alzheimer's Association North Central Texas Chapter for caregivers, family members and friends of the Alzheimer disease affected persons for providing emotional support and encouragement to them.
- Discourse topic management in senile dementia of the Alzheimer's type. Mentis, Michelle; Briggs-Whittaker, Jan // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Oct95, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p1054
Provides an evaluation of the topic management abilities of a group of subjects with senile dementia of the Alzheimer's type (SDAT) and compares their patterns of topic management to that of normal elderly. Importance of understanding the communication breakdown of the disease SDAT; Breakdown...
- KICKSTART DEMENTIA DEBATE. // Community Care;3/25/2010, Issue 1811, p4
In this article, the author opines that politicians should recognize the needs of the growing number of people with dementia, and give the issue the debate it deserves during Great Britain's general election campaign.
- Dementia drug a 'waste of money'. // Community Care;7/1/2004, Issue 1529, p14
Discusses research being done on Alzheimer's disease. Reference to a study by Roger Gray et al, published in the June 2004 issue of "The Lancet"; Benefits of dementia drugs for patients with Alzheimer's disease in Great Britain; Effects of donepezil on patients with dementia.