The Inotropic Actions of N--Acetylprocainamide: Blockade and Reversal by Propranolol
- Cryoablation of Incessant Ventricular Tachycardia. Afshar, Hamid; Rasekh, Abdi; Treistman, Bernardo; Van Leeuwen, Carlos; Duncan, J. Michael; Massumi, Ali // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2000, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p52
Presents the case of an old man who had incessant ventricular tachycardia (VT) despite treatment with antiarrhythmic agents. Medical history of the patient; Treatment for VT; Operative mortality rate of patients undergoing ventricular surgery.
- Potential Cost-Effectiveness of Prophylactic Use of the Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator or Amiodarone after Myocardial Infarction. Sanders, Gillain D.; Hlatky, Mark A.; Every, Nathan R.; McDonald, Kathryn M.; Heidenreich, Paul a.; Parsons, Lori S.; Owens, Douglas K. // Annals of Internal Medicine;11/20/2001, Vol. 135 Issue 10, p870
Examines the cost-effectiveness of antiarrhythmic therapy in patients with myocardial infarction and depressed left ventricular function. Benefits of ICD; Reduction of total mortality rates; Administration of amiodarone in ventricular fibrillation episodes.
- Correlates of myocardial oxygen demand measured by positron emission tomography in the hypertrophied left ventricle Akinboboye, Olakunle O.; Reichek, Nathaniel; Bergmann, Steven R.; Chou, Ru-Ling // American Journal of Hypertension;Mar2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p240
: BackgroundThe aim of this study was to identify the best correlate of myocardial oxygen demand (MVO2) in patients with hypertension induced left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH), and to examine whether relationships between these surrogates and MVO2 differed between patients with LVH and control...
- Left Ventricular Hypertrophy Is Associated with Diastolic Filling Alterations in Normotensive Offspring of Hypertensive Nigerians. Kolo, P. M.; Sanya, E. O.; Omotoso, A. B.; Soladoye, A.; Ogunmodede, J. A. // ISRN Cardiology;2012, p1
Contribution of left ventricular diastolic dysfunction to adverse events in patients with cardiovascular diseases is increasingly being recognized and individuals with pedigree for hypertension are thought to exhibit anatomic and or functional changes in their left ventricle before they become...
- Blood pressure reduction may be tied to a decrease in LV mass. // Modern Medicine;Jun96, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p54
Presents the abstract of the study entitled `Reduction in Left Ventricular Mass in Patients with Systemic Hypertension Treated with Enalapril, Lisonopril, or Fosenopril,' by Oren, Grossman et al published in the January 1, 1996 issue of the `American Journal of Cardiology' periodical concerning...
- The Assessment of Right Ventricular Function and Pulmonary Artery Hemodynamics in Patients with Pulmonary Hypertension by 1.5T MRI. Han, Yan; Yang, Zhenwen; Yu, Telian; Xue, Mina; Zhang, Zhang; Li, Dong // Chinese Journal of Lung Cancer;Aug2012, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p471
Background and objective Pulmonary hypertension (PH) is characterized by rising pulmonary arterial pressure, decreasing right ventricular (RV) function, and ultimately, RV failure. Therefore, it is important to monitor RV function and pulmonary artery hemodynamics accurately and noninvasively....
- Amiodarone reduces deaths in CHF patients with high heart rates. Nul, D. R.; Doval, H. C.; Leibovitch, Eric R. // Formulary;Sep97, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p996
Investigates on the how antiarrhytmic amiodarone reduces mortality in patients with severe congestive heart failure. Effect of drug on percentage of mortality; Recommendation of authors on use of drug.
- Vernakalant, amioderone-like drugs move forward through clinical trials. Raible, Eric // Cardiology Today;Mar2009, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p15
The article reports on the preliminary data presented by cardiologist A. John Camm during the 14th Annual Boston Atrial Fibrillation Symposium in Boston, Massachusetts on January 15-17, 2009 which revealed that several antiarrhythmic drugs in later-stage trials show promising results.
- The role of acute invasive haemodynamic measurements in cardiac resynchronization therapy: looping towards prediction of long-term response and therapy optimization. Mafi Rad, Masih; Blaauw, Yuri; Prinzen, Frits W.; Vernooy, Kevin // European Journal of Heart Failure;Mar2013, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p247
No abstract available.