MBIA to Restate Financial Statements for Last Six Years
- MBIA net up 18% in 3d quarter. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/09/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30765, p25
Focuses on the financial performance of MBIA Insurance Corp. for the third-quarter of 1999. Increase of net income; Increase of expected overall portfolio returns.
- MBIA Posts 19% Drop in 4Q Profit, Sees Slower Growth. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;2/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32317, p6
The article reports on the financial performance of MBIA Inc., the holding company for triple-A rated municipal bond insurer MBIA Insurance Corp. during the fourth quarter of 2005 in the United States. Fourth-quarter earnings were $182.7 million or $1.34 per share for the same period in 2004....
- MBIA: 1Q U.S. Public Finance Premiums Rose More Than 160%. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/4/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32125, p1
The article reports that MBIA Inc. announced that its written premiums for U.S. public finance rose by more than 160% during the first quarter compared to a year earlier. U.S. public finance production reflected solid expansion across all business lines with several large transactions in the...
- Fitch: MBIA Steady at AAA Despite Regulatory Probes. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;10/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32233, p7
No abstract available.
- MBIA Settles NYSID, AG, SEC Fraud Investigation. // Insurance Advocate;2/12/2007, Vol. 118 Issue 4, p10
The article reports that MBIA Inc. and MBIA Insurance Corp. have ended settlements with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Attorney General's Office, and the Insurance Department in New York. The settlements were for transactions entered into by MBIA in 1998 following nonpayments on insured...
- MBIA Says it Has Cash Needed to Satisfy GIC Requirements. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;7/1/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32910, p4
The article reports on the sufficient financial resources of MBIA Inc. needed to satisfy additional requirements under its guaranteed investment contracts prompted by the downgrade of MBIA Insurance Corp. in the U.S. With more than $4 billion in assets sold during the second quarter of 2008,...
- MBIA Split Panned By Four Former N.Y. Regulators. Ruquet, Mark E. // National Underwriter / P&C;3/21/2011, Vol. 115 Issue 10, p12
The article reports on the complaint of the four former New York insurance superintendents on the division of the MBIA Insurance Corp. in New York.
- MBIA Reclaims Business from Radian Re. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;2/12/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31820, p3
Reports on the multi-million dollar financial guaranty reinsurance recaptured by the MBIA Insurance Corp. from the Radian Reinsurance Inc. in the U.S. Agreement between insurers of Radian not to end their reinsurance contracts with the company; Benefits offered by the contract; Total amount of...
- Assumption reinsurance: getting the bad along with the good. Senterfitt, Barry // Managed Healthcare Executive;Mar2006, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p18
The article focuses on the accounting and financial issues to consider in an asset purchase transaction called assumption reinsurance, when health insurers buy an existing book of business. The buyer must view the transaction as the acquisition of the balance sheet of the seller, which includes...