Triple-A Omaha's City Council Weighs Annexation Plan
- City ready to annex property, but not to share tax revenues. DeWitt, David // Athens News;11/8/2012, p3
The article informs about the Athens, Ohio as it is going for annexation of a 15-acre property located in Conaan township, Ohio wherein the proposal was passed by the Athens City Council.
- Midlothian to annex 1,607 acres. // Ellis County Press;3/27/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p1
The article reports on the plans of the city council of Midlothian, Texas to annex 1,607 acres in three parts of the city, which includes annexation for 604 acres between McAlpin Road and FM 875 and annexation for 140 acres at the southeast corner of FM 1387 and Walnut Grove Road.
- Wentzville board votes to de-annex four lots. Flinchpaugh, Brian // Wentzville Journal;4/17/2013, Vol. 51 Issue 16, pA2
The article reports on the approval by Wentzville, Missouri aldermen of the request of homeowners in Meadow Brook Estates to de-annex four lots on April 10, 2013 after they complained that they have not received services from the city government.
- Council sets date for North Side annexation. // Journal of Business (10756124);1/10/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 2, pA2
The article reports that the Spokane City Council in Washington has scheduled the city's annexation of 120 acres of land along the west side of north Division Street. The author reports that the Spokane County commissioners have stopped their legal efforts to oppose the proposed annexation and...
- Wentzville board delays action on de-annexation. Flinchpaugh, Brian // Wentzville Journal;12/5/2012, Vol. 50 Issue 49, pA2
The article reports on the decision made by Wentzville, Missouri's Board of Aldermen last November 28, 2012 to delay a bill that would de-annex four lots in the Meadow Brook Estates subdivision in order to study other options before the bill is introduced.
- Chicago CFO Pitches $1 Billion Restructuring As 'Critical'. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/17/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34327, p1
The Chicago City Council votes Wednesday on a $1.1 billion general obligation restructuring that helps the city resolve a liquidity crisis driven by its downgrade to junk while also providing a big dose of budget relief.
- City moves to annex housing development near Hillyard. Gustafson, Jeanne // Journal of Business (10756124);7/30/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p6
The article reports on the passage of a resolution by the Spokane City Council confirming its intent to annex 15 acres near the Hillyard area where an 83-lot manufactured-home park is being developed. It states that the primary reason residents would like to be included in the city is that they...
- Bob: Annexation isn't going to happen. // Inside Tucson Business;8/14/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p4
The author reflects on the attempt of Tucson Mayor Bob Walkup to extend the city limits out to take in the Catalina Foothills and Casas Adobes. This move will be visualized after the city will finish annexing as much of the booming southeast side as it can. According to the author, Walkup is the...
- Hagadone annexation approved. // Journal of Business (10756124);5/6/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 10, pA2
Reports that the Coeur d'Alene, Idaho's City Council has approved an annexation agreement sought by Hagadone Hospitality Corp.