Two N.J. School Districts Sell Bonds Backed by State's Secured Debt Program
- Moody's Upgrades Almost $1B of S. Carolina School District Debt. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/22/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32095, p1
Reports on the positive effects of a decision by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to more heavily weigh how the fiscal policies of South Carolina's counties impact their school districts. Effect of the upgrade to the debt sold by the Greenville County School District on lease purchase revenue...
- Moodys Change Sparks $3B in South Carolina School Upgrades. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/17/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32092, p29
Reports on the revision of the credit ratings given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to school districts in South Carolina. Recognition of the key role counties have in managing school district debt; Role played by counties in levying and collecting property taxes and paying school bond debt...
- School GOs Still Baa2. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32204, p35
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has affirmed the Baa2 underlying rating it assigns about $43 million of general obligation debt sold by Orangeburg County School District No. 3 in Orangeburg County, South Carolina. Review of all the school district credits rated by the agency;...
- IDAHO: Bigger Cap for School Program. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/23/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32593, p9
The article reports that Idaho Governor Butch Otter has approved a bill that increases cap for school bond guaranty program in the state. The program, which was introduced in 2001, offers state backing to voter-approved local school bonds, however participating school districts have used up the...
- Geneva CSD, N.Y., Cut to A3 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;1/7/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31795, p2
Reports on the assignment of A3 rating to Geneva City School District by Moody's Investors Service Inc. in New York. Estimation of the parity debt; Construction of middle school; Increase of debt burden resulting in fixed debt service payments.
- MICHIGAN: Missed Bond Payment. Devirt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;5/29/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33919, p7
The article reports that the rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. has downgraded the general obligation limited tax debt rating of Pontiac School District of Michigan as district has missed a debt service payment of 1.6 billion U.S. dollars which was scheduled on May 1, 2013.
- School bond measures abound. McLean, Mike // Journal of Business (10756124);9/25/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on the plan of school districts in Spokane, Washington to put bond measures before voters in February 2015 ballots which propose construction projects valued at more than $480 million. Associate superintendent Mark Anderson states that the packages are designed to keep within...
- Forward Thinking. Agron, Joe // American School & University;Jan2007, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p6
The article focuses on predicted school and university construction spending for the year 2007. New York passed budget targets of $2.6 billion for school construction and is able to borrow billions more. According to the article the year 2006 was record-breaking in regards to the number of...
- Grimmer outlook for Ohio schools from Moody's. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;09/01/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30469, p1
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's downgrading of its outlook on the credit quality of Ohio's school districts from positive to stable. Factors influencing the bond rating; Uncertainty of the future of school funding; Anticipation of the stability of the credit quality until 2002.