Gov. Bush Sees Sunny Florida Future, But Urges Focus on Medicaid, Schools
- Florida's Bush Readies His Last State of the State Address. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/7/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32333, p27
The article focuses on the last state of the state address of Governor Jeb Bush in Florida. Governor Bush offers 1.5 billion dollars in tax cuts and 710 million dollars in cash for environmentally sensitive land purchases that ordinarily would be financed with bonds. And Bush proposed spending...
- Florida Officials Hope Pilot Program Will Address Medicaid Cost Crisis. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/15/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32339, p6
The article reports on the pilot program proposed by Governor Jeb Bush to compensate for the costs associated with Medicaid in Florida. Audrey Cohen, assistant director for the Broward County Human Service Department, presents the key parts of the program during a conference on public finance....
- Jeb Bush Stresses Spending Restraint in Florida Speech. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/3/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31833, p29
Reports that Florida Governor Jeb Bush focused his 2004 state of the state address on continuing the gains he said the state made in education, diversifying the economy and supporting family values. Bush's reiteration of recommendation for a budget in fiscal 2005; State's reputation of leading...
- Florida's Bush Signs $57 Billion Budget, Sends $350M to Reserves. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31895, p56
Reports on the approval of budget by Governor Jeb Bush in Florida. Value of the items approved by lawmakers vetoed by Bush; Amount of 2005 fiscal budget; Increase of the economic incentive programs.
- FLORIDA: Development Plan Launched. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/1/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32393, p57
The article reports on the legislation signed by Florida Governor Jeb Bush that contains a series of economic development initiatives including new sales tax exemptions on the purchase of certain equipment and the launching of a new agency called Space Florida, which incorporates four existing...
- Overfunded Pension Plan and Talk Of Tax Cuts? Let the Good Times Roll. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32350, Special section p56
The article provides an overview of the fiscal condition of Florida. The state's pension fund is overfunded by $9 billion. Governor Jeb Bush has proposed a $1.5 billion tax cuts in his $70.8 billion fiscal 2007 budget proposal. He also proposed to use $710 million in cash for acquiring...
- Jeb Bush. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p18
Profiles Florida Governor Jeb Bush. Educational background; Details on his career in politics; Achievements of Bush during his term as governor.
- A Third Bush in the White House? Morella, Michael // U.S. News Digital Weekly;1/2/2015, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p10
A quiz about former Florida governor John Ellis "Jeb" Bush is presented.
- FVMA relieved by bill's veto. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Aug2005, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p1S
Reports on the veto of Governor Jeb Bush on a bill that carried lenient standards on pharmacy dispensing laws in Florida. Approval of the bills in committee without objections from opposition; Reaction of Florida Veterinary Medicine Association on the veto; Meeting of the association with key...