- CME Calendar. // American Family Physician;8/15/2003, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p622
Presents schedules of continuing medical education courses in the U.S. in 2003.
- Education. Serb, Chris // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;11/05/97, Vol. 71 Issue 21, p19
Presents reports on medical education in the United States. Formation of the Blue Initiative educational program; Development of a continuing education program by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organization; Comeback of family practice residencies.
- Balance and collaboration can bring about positive outcome in global CME. Lansing, Richard; Zuckerman, Diane // International Journal of Medical Marketing;Feb2001, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p245
Focuses on the challenges for global continuing medical education (CME). Overview of CME in selected countries; Economic realities of funding CME; Role of commercial support to CME; Trends and technologies and their impact on CME.
- Clinical Quiz. // American Family Physician;10/15/2006, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p1275
This section presents a continuing medical education quiz on various health and medical cases.
- CME Quiz. // American Family Physician;12/1/2008, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p1245
A quiz on continuing medical education (CME) is presented.
- 'University without Walls' Kampmeier, Rudolph H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jul62, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p171
Discusses the importance of continuing medical education (CME) in the U.S. as of July 1962. Organization by the American Medical Association and the Association of American Medical Colleges to consider the need for a national academy for CME; Feasibility of CME as a university without walls.
- Does continuing medical education in general practice make a difference? Cantillon, Peter // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);05/08/99, Vol. 318 Issue 7193, p1276
Presents a study on continuing medical education. Methods; Expectations of continuing medical education; Summary of the findings of systemic reviews of continuing medical education; Effectiveness of post-graduate continuing medical education in general practice.
- Continuing medical education: A personal view. Hayes, T.M. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/15/95, Vol. 310 Issue 6985, p994
Emphasizes the importance of continuing medical education. Changes in postgraduate education; Proposals for continuing medical education; Evaluation of the effectiveness of continuing medical education; Individual learning styles of doctors; Educational benefits of clinical audits; Linking audit...
- Pharma Sponsors Beware. Branch Jr., Al // Pharmaceutical Executive;Apr2003, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p70
Reports on the U.S. Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education's decision to change the guidelines for the 'Standards for Commercial Support.' Limitation on the involvement of pharmaceutical companies in continuing medical education; Implications on business ethics; Reactions from...