Microvasculopathy May Precede Idiopathic Cerebral Calcifications -- Case Report
- Impaired memory. // American Medical Association Family Medical Guide;2004, p236
A diagram that focuses on the cause of impaired memory is presented.
- Online CME Quiz Questions. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;10/1/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 13, p1598
A quiz concerning mild cognitive impairment is presented.
- Do memory complaints indicate the presence of cognitive impairment? - Results of a field study. Riedel-Heller, S. G.; Matschinger, Herbert; Schork, Astrid; Angermeyer, Matthias C. // European Archives of Psychiatry & Clinical Neuroscience;1999, Vol. 249 Issue 4, p197
Abstract Background: In the context of suspected cognitive disorders, the validity of memory complaints is subject to considerable debate. This investigation documents the prevalence of memory complaints and assesses the validity of memory complaints for detecting cognitive impairment. Methods:...
- Tryptophan depletion in normal volunteers produces selective impairment in memory consolidation. Riedel, W. J.; Klaassen, Tineke; Deutz, Nicolaas E. P.; van Someren, Astrid; van Praag, Herman M. // Psychopharmacology;1999, Vol. 141 Issue 4, p362
Abstract Serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine; 5-HT) circuits may play a role in cognitive performance, particularly in learning and memory. Cognitive impairment is often seen in depressed patients, in whom 5-HT turnover in the brain is thought to be lowered. A possible human pharmacological model to...
- Cognitive performance amongst recreational users of "ecstasy". Rodgers, J. // Psychopharmacology;2000, Vol. 151 Issue 1, p19
Abstract Rationale: Previous work has suggested that memory impairments have been associated with the recreational use of "ecstasy". This previous work, however, has not taken into consideration the additional use of cannabis amongst those examined. Cannabis use has also been associated with...
- Pharmacological Studies of the Molecular Basis of Memory Extinction. Vianna, M.R.M.; Cammarota, M.P.; Coitinho, A.S.; Medina, J.H.; Izquierdo, I. // Current Neuropharmacology;Mar2003, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p89
Retrieval procedures, if carried out without reinforcement, initiate memory extinction. The extinction of onetrial avoidance learning requires glutamate NMDA receptors, calcium-calmodulin dependent protein kinase II, cAMPdependent protein kinase and mitogen-activated protein kinases, and,...
- How Was That Again? Harrison, Carey // Vocabula Review;Aug2008, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p1
The author reflects on the comprehension symptom known as Information Uptake Difficulty (IUD) for short term memory distress. According to the author, IUD sufferer may have his/her attention as devotedly determined as a hypnotist but the ability to hear will still be blocked. He asserts that IUD...
- Sleep apnea linked to memory loss. // Clinical Advisor;May2015, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p28
No abstract available.
- Study Finds Higher Risk of Early Death in Patients With Mild Cognitive Impairment. // Journal of Gerontological Nursing;2014, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p9
The article discusses the study that determined the possibility of higher death rates in a six-year period for individuals with thinking problems and no memory loss, those experiencing mild cognitive impairment (MCI) with no memory loss, and those with MCI with memory loss.