AN UNUSUAL CONGENITAL CARDIAC ANOMALY IN A NEWBORN MALE
- Computed Tomography Angiography of a Coronary Artery Fistula. Arain, Nofil I.; Batten, Lynn A.; Cole, Jason H. // Pediatric Cardiology;Jan2008, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p234
The article presents a case of a 13-year-old previously healthy boy referred to the pediatric cardiology clinic for evaluation of a heart murmur, irregular heart rate, and sharp sternal chest pain. A computed tomography angiogram was performed to obtain precise information on the anatomy and...
- Abnormal Aortic Arch Abnormal Aortic Arch. Puchalski, M.D.; Minich, L.L. // Pediatric Cardiology;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p434
Reports on the case of an abnormal aortic arch in a 20-day-old term infant with a heart murmur. Results of physical examination and echocardiogram; Blood pressures in the arms and legs.
- Sirenomelia. Sureka, Binit; Mittal, Aliza // Journal of Clinical Neonatology;Jul-Sep2015, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p218
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Sirenomelia, the Mermaid Syndrome" by M. Goyal that was published in the journal in 2015.
- Corrections. // Archives of Disease in Childhood -- Fetal & Neonatal Edition;Sep2013, Vol. 98 Issue 5, pe1
A correction to the article "Superior vena cava flow and management of neonates with vein of Galen malformation" published in a 2013 issue is presented.
- Neonatal Marfan Syndrome. Ramaswamy, Prema; Lytrivi, Irena D.; Khanh Nguyen; Gelb, Bruce D. // Pediatric Cardiology;Nov2006, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p763
Neonatal Marfan syndrome (nMFS) is the rare and severe form of this connective tissue disorder with poor outcome due to progressive valvular insufficiency. We describe a case of nMFS suspected in utero, by fetal echocardiography, due to marked dilatation of both great arteries, which is the...
- 2014 AHA/ACC Guideline for the Patients with Valvular Heart Disease. Zhang, Pei-Ying // Cell Biochemistry & Biophysics;Jul2015, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p829
The article presents 2014 American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology (AHA/ACC) Guideline for the Patients with Valvular Heart Disease, which focuses on the diagnosis and management of adult patients with valvular heart disease (VHD). Topics discussed include evaluation of patients...
- Prueba de la neostigmina en la estenosis congÃ©nita hipertrÃ³fica del pÃloro. A 50 aÃ±os de su uso. Straffon-Osorno, Andrés E. // Revista Medica del IMSS;sep/oct2009, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p465
No abstract available.
- YenidoÄŸanda tek taraflÄ± pulmoner agenezi: Bir vaka takdimi. Takçı, Şahin; Bezirganoğlu, Handan; Onay, Özge Sürmeli; Toygar, Ayşe Korkmaz; Akçören, Zuhal; Yiğit, Şule // Cocuk Sagligi ve Hastaliklari Dergisi;nis-haz2013, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p85
Pulmonary agenesis is a rare congenital anomaly that can present in the neonatal period or later in life. It frequently causes respiratory distress in the neonatal period. Nearly half of the cases are associated with cardiovascular, gastrointestinal and musculoskeletal malformations. Total...
- Iron metabolism and lipid peroxidation products in infants with hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy. Shouman, B. O; Mesbah, A.; Aly, H. // Journal of Perinatology;Jul2008, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p487
Background:Iron delocalization or misregulation of iron metabolism may play a critical role in the pathology of hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy (HIE).Objective:To study iron metabolism and lipid peroxidation in newborn infants and to correlate non-protein-bound iron (NPBI) concentration with the...